Monday, December 23, 2013

Tis the season for blogging!!

The weekend was truly met with a few challenges.  Let’s start with Friday night.  I get myself ready to go out get to the club to see one of my favorite DJ’s who ‘allegedly’ got stuck in Canada **side eye to him** He misses events often so I wasn’t shocked or surprised just a lil pissed.  But the house DJ played great and it was good to see some folks I hadn’t in years INCLUDING 2 exes… Well it actually wasn’t all that great to see them.  In fact I avoided them like the plague.  Thinking back one I really did like and tried 2 times (yes I gave this fool 2 times to show me he was NOT the 1 LOL) and the other I don’t know what I was thinking but after the infamous knee massage (did I blog about that years ago?!?  Hmmm)  I KNEW he was not the one!!  So that was Friday.  Saturday wasn’t so bad.  I picked up Girl Scout (of America) cookies, took stuff to my sister and then took my mom to get her hair cut.  The little girl that did it did a good job.  As I sat in the salon and smelled all the salon smell, I really did crave it.  Over the years mainly because of money I only went to get a relaxer and now that I’m TEAM NATURAL I miss going to the salon regularly.  Something I that I need to start back up because I am dreading doing my hair lately.  Sunday,  I get up, cook myself breakfast and plop down on the couch to catch up on my sci fi.  So the roommate doesn’t really ‘get’ sci fi and has a plethora of questions that I just don’t feel like answering WHILE the show is on, and of course she forgets the questions when the commercial comes on.  I use early Saturday and Sunday (you know when I’m being a heathen a wretch undone by not going to church) to catch up on Grimm, Dracula, The Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. and whatever else.   I’m not good into S.H.E.I.L.D. and she comes and sits down **loud sigh** so now I can’t watch my show because even though she has a big ass TV in her room she likes the living room one.  I just turned it off and turned on something she would like.  The goal for the day was to do not much of anything so it threw me off when my nephew called to remind me that he needed to go shopping.  He’s a little boy who tries, I mean you know not THAT hard, but whatever, he’s a boy and auntie must do what auntie must.  On my way my freaking tire blew.  And that just about pushed my right over the edge I was already teetering on.  There were a few other things that didn’t help my already fragile state so when I got home and yelled at my mother (the roommate) for a really dumb reason I just lost it.  She didn’t deserve that and I immediately felt bad but yet she comforted me!  In that moment I  was a kid again with not a worry in the world just appreciating the hug my mom gave me (with her good arm LOL)!  And her solution was for me to get her credit card and buy myself something to make me happy again.  I really am not unhappy, but the stress of caring for an aging parent can be a bit much some days.  I told her I would go on QVC and she agreed that was a good idea! And then I ‘found’ the Firefly Sweet tea vodka and that made me happy too!  We watched the Sound of Music which maybe wasn’t a great idea because that movie is a tear jerker for me.  As Maria sang ‘Favorite things’ Mary J. Blige version came to mind.  ONLY Julie Andrew and Luther  Vandross versions (and maybe some jazz instrumental versions) do it for me.  Which brings me to the morning… Pandora is great today! I’ve only had to skip a few songs.  I really do not like the Temptations Christmas songs.  It’s like nails on a chalkboard!!  I like the Jackson 5, Peanuts (the cartoon… well the dudes that played the jazz in the background Vince Guaraldi and band), Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey (who I actually need to get,) Kirk Franklin, Rahsaan Patterson, Stevie Wonder and… as I’m listening to Pandora, Glee did a Christmas cd and all the songs I’ve heard are good.  And actually Kelly Clarkson did some good renditions.  I’m just sick of the rehashed version of classic songs.  How could I forget Donny Hathaway!?!? But I only think he did a few songs; CLASSIC, but not a whole album. 

I was going to do a year in review, but maybe not right now.  Here is the quick and dirty… This year has been no different from prior years.  I’ve had ups and downs although this year I must say more ups than downs which is good.  My mother has consumed much of my year and if anyone said to me that this time last year I would have a 71 year old roommate I would have laughed at them and now she actually IS with me, I continue the laughter! I’ve said it before I need a blog just for the shit she says.  Work has been interesting to say the least.  I have kept a job for a WHOLE year!!  Didn’t get fired didn’t even piss anyone off that much.  I flew under the radar just enough.  I reactivated in my illustrious sorority and have done not a whole lot.  Next year is the year for pink and green.  This year I had to just ease myself back into it.  I have attended some great concerts!  I finally made it to Essence in New Orleans which felt like work but I blogged about that earlier.  I went to Capital Jazz Fest also.  What I don’t like about festivals is that the people I like do not sing or play enough for me.   Some highlights are Jose James, Eric Robeson and Gregory Porter at the Howard Theatre; Lalah and Mint Condition at Baltimore Soundstage; and everyone else I had seen LOL Lastly, I will speak on my hair.  I have finally come up with a good regime which includes mostly WEN products.  QVC just did a TSV (that’s Today’s special value for the uninitiated) and you know I bought it.  YOU KNOW!!  Other than that and coconut oil and whatever I already have, I am not buying no more products.  It just gets to be toooo freaking much AND expensive.  So that’s it…

OH WAIT NO IT’S NOT… this is about hair, but not mine.

So on Sunday after taking the nephew shopping I decided to go the Shop Rite next to the Kohl’s and did my little shopping so I wouldn’t have to stop anywhere else.  I was so tired and get to the register and put my eggs on the belt.  It felt like one was broke so I opened it and sure enough eggs didn’t make it from the back of the store to the front.  I don’t know if I broke them, but I do know I wasn’t purchasing them.  I say to the little girl, the eggs are broken and I don’t feel like going back to get another carton, so can you just take them.  She only ½ hears me and says OH you can just go get another one in the back.  I said NO I’m NOT going back there so can you just take them.  She then says well I can scan them and get Elijah to go get you another one.  I’m like ok that’s fine.  There were 2 little random boys,  1 has EJ on his name tag and the Elijah came into view.  I don’t know about you, but sometimes things move in slow motion for me.  This little boy (cause he surely was just a teenager) walks up to me in slow motion with this head full of curly LONG shoulder length hair that looked absolutely effortless AND like a fan was blowing beneath him!!  Like a little black Fabio LMBAO!!!  I’m looking at him like WTF!?!?  This is so unfair!!  He is a boy and his hair looked freaking B E A U T I F U L!!!  He looks like he probably gets up in the morning shakes his head and leaves for the day.  So I’m standing there he takes the eggs out of my hand and then I’m like OH I HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM AGAIN!! I stare.  He comes back with my eggs… same slow motion with the fan and I get a really good look.   He was a little cutie and if I was a 16 year old girl, I would be in love!! But I’m an almost 40 year old chick but I really did enjoy the view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment