Wednesday, December 11, 2013

quick and dirty random...


I wouldn’t call the mood or state I’m in Grinch-like but I’m really close to it.  I honestly don’t know why.  Christmas has morphed into this season of buy buy and buy MORE.  It hasn’t been just a good old Christmas in more years than I care to really admit.  It’s not really fun for me.  I used to enjoy buying stuff for the kids but it just isn’t fun.  So I turned to the R&B and pop station on Pandora to get me in a more Christmassy mood.  Original Christmas music is few and far between.  I have heard 3 version of O Holy night… well 2 gets a pass because it was the Whitney and Mariah version (separately not together… so I had to get myself together because that song is emotional to me).  But Cee Lo Green did a version of This Christmas which WE ALL know Donny Hathaway is the undisputed OWNER of that song.  But honestly Elliot Yamin did a good job of the song.  He is a Donny clone so how could he NOT do a good job.  Michael Buble just did a rendition of Mariah’s All I want for Christmas is you.  I’m not a huge fan of his so I skipped his version.  ALL this is to say I have resigned to just enjoy whatever they play next.  And I have  spoken too soon because Michael Buble is doing the Christmas Song and it is very Nat King Cole-esque… so he gets a pass too.

Have you ever gotten meal that is so bad but you kept eating it because you were too hungry and too not in the mood to go get something else?  Well that is my story yesterday AND today.  So there is a cafeteria in another building on the campus I work.  And for the most part I don’t fool with the food they cook.  One time what I was supposed to get was a carne asada breakfast burrito but what I got was sausage and bacon, but I ate it anyway.  Yesterday it was snowing and I just was not getting in my car to get food.  So the line for the sandwiches was long so I decided to get the ‘grill’ item.  What it was supposed to be was a chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon.  I’m not convinced that was what it was.  The chicken was so dry and I had to use a lot of honey mustard and mayo.  I kept eating it and I guess I was just hungry because it was horrible. And how do you mess up chicken anyway?!?  All it needs is a little salt and pepper.  But it was BAD!!  Today I got nuggets from Wendy’s and a coke.  So the coke is just colored seltzer water, the fries and chicken are cold and yet I ate them all.  So my belly is full, but that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment