Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday random 5452


I am right back to something being taken completely not in the vein it was said or given.  So the same thing in the equation is ME, so maybe I’m just not communicating as well as I think I am.  Maybe I just need to keep my mouth and/or thoughts via email to myself.  It doesn’t do any good if what is said is perceived incorrectly and then you have to go back and forth saying WELL WHAT I MEANT WAS… it just doesn’t make sense or help matters at all. It can be very frustrating.  So I’ma take Madonna’s (yea THAT Madonna) song Bedtime Story to heart.  Wanna hear it? hear it go:

Today is the last day that I'm using words
They've gone out, lost their meaning
Don't function anymore

Words are useless, especially sentences
They don't stand for anything
How could they explain how I feel…

And all the you’ve ever learned
Try to forget
I'll never explain again 

And that is that…

What the hell else is going on?!  Well it snowed yesterday. It’s always so pretty until you have to shovel it and drive in it with folks who should have kept their booties home.  I was behind a Toyota pick-up truck this morning and he refused to go over 25 miles.  The funny thing was NO ONE else was on the road and the roads were clear.  I mean I know we should always try to be as safe as possible and there is ice but come on men!!  I refrained from honking and acting ugly and just sipped on my coffee. 

I’m still rocking boots from like 2001.  I attempted to buy boots this year off the good QVC, but when I got them they were too tight across the width of my foot.  SO I sent those puppies back.  The ones I have actually are still good just a little scruffy, well yeah cause they are from 2001 (at least!!).  One of my co-workers at the time said these were my snow stomping boots.  They are not cute, but warmth and protection from the water does not equal cute.  If I recall correctly I even got a little discount from the Naturalizer store. And these boots have served me well.

So in true random form, I am reading an article about Black Coffe the dj from South Africa. Ok so Nelson Mandela recently passed away and for whatever reason I just kept thinking about Black Coffe.  I have only seen him live once in Miami and you know how sometimes you don’t realize what you are seeing or have seen until after the fact? Well he certainly fits into that category.  It was a very forgettable party, but I took a bus by myself to get to the location. I’ve done some pretty ridiculous things in the name of house at WMC, but you know what happens in Miami… Anyway even though this party was in the middle of nowhere it still was a Miami hotspot.  I have this thing where I have to look at the dj while he (or she… damn that was pretty sexist) playing.  Just like at a live show I have to see the drummer, weird I know.  So anyway he comes on and I was like hole up, WHO IS PLAYING!!  I had to get up to go look at him.  So before I go into more of a tangent than I already am on, he does not have use of his left arm!!  I didn’t even realize this.  He plays solely with his right hand/arm which is pretty amazing I think!  Incidentally he lost the use of it at a celebration of Nelson Mandela’s release.  See how this is full circle? Anyway one of my favorite songs of his is Superman featuring Bucie.  It is a song that is not telling the man what to do but more asking can you be my superman?  And this is what I need…

No comments:

Post a Comment