Monday, December 16, 2013

bad hair day... random rant


I am having a bad hair day!  My hair is in HAIR FAILURE!!  Of all the things I need to be thinking about, and trust me there are many, the thing that is plaguing my mind is MY HAIR LOOKS BAD!!! This natural hair journey has been an absolute interesting ride and actually it’s been a little over a year that I decided to do this.  Even though it wasn’t as well thought out as some because if you will recall it was really born out of not knowing what to do next, I have taken it in stride, went to the hair care expo’s, watched the YouTube videos, bought the products, and practiced my flat and 2 strand twist.  But alas I am having a bad hair day!  One of the problems is probably that I watch the videos and think that my hair will turn out look the same if not very close to the ladies that are doing them.  In my head I think, well all she did was this and that, and I CAN do this and that so it will be good for me.  Not so my friend NOT SO!!  The video I watched the young lady had flat twists parted on the side so that they would turn out to be out but in some sort of style.  Well what I didn’t consider is that my hair takes FOR-freaking-EVER to dry.  If I do something even if my hair is not fully wet when I started, it still is going to take EXTRA for it to fully dry.  So I did the flat twists at 1 o’clock on not completely wet hair thinking it would be ready by 5:30.  It was not.  My bright idea was to sit under the dryer.  Something I have learned in the past few months is that my natural hair does NOT like the dryer a point that was even further made yesterday.  SO I sat thinking OH THIS IS GONNA BE CUTE… only for my hair to still be damp on the inside part of the twist and I had a mess when fully taken out.  So I decided to just put it up in a puff, only the puff never fully materialized and it was crooked all night, and every time I looked in the mirror it was had a gansta lean.  I picked it, I gelled it more and it was a hot greasy and gelly mess.  Let me point out it is winter so even though I want to do a wash and go, leaving the house with wet hair is just not what I’m about to do.  SO this morning it was still a mess it was a big poof of un-cuteness.  I mean I’m really not trying to impress anyone but myself, but COME ON PUFF look right, PLEASE!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment