Monday, January 5, 2015

2015

Happy New Year!!  This is the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen.  It has taken me several days to get into this new year.  As per usual my thoughts are all over the place.  I was going to do a year in review but the main thing is I turned 40 in 2014! My life is absolutely not where I thought it would be and that is neither good or bad, it just is.  Job is ok, I like that they think I am an expert on a program that I have no good idea what I'm doing, but as a good contractor (and unless anyone on my team reads this) I AM an expert and I know it all!! Meeting anyone still seems to be a task.  I was on Tinder for about 5 days before I realized that was NOT where I needed to meet my prince or king OR jump off! A girlfriend of mine had a GREAT idea and it has taken a few days for it to sink in.  I think online dating is a good thing I just honestly have never given it much of a chance so maybe I will.  The roommate has been like a box of chocolates (to quote one of her favorite movies) I never NEVER know what I'm gonna get.  It is slowly wearing me out and folks usually only want to hear the good and funny stuff which is very isolating, but it's not always good and damn sure not always funny.  So I stay in constant prayer!! I do!!!  Me and LBJ have lots of late night talks.  I have to keep in mind that this is either preparing me for something I am not yet ready for and/or it might not even be about me.  I am fully aware that I need to heed my own advice when it comes to her.  My hair has grown leaps and bounds!  Even though I deal with it everyday, I saw a picture of myself recently and was like DAMN!!! I figured out I don't like it pressed out because it is just too straight and I also learned detangling takes more of an effort at this length. I have a loose curl pattern over most of my hair maybe like a 3C to 4A/B.  I need a car and although I like the 2011 Acura TSX because they still made that as a stick, I really don't want a used car.  I need to figure out if a manual transmission is still a must. My entire driving life I have had a stick so switching to an automatic is a major decision.  So I think I need to visit a dealership sooner than later.  I think my credit might be better than I thought.  Who knows!! 

I watched Rio2 and it was soooo good!!!  This got me to thinking about sequels and how some should just NOT have been made.  And then I went through a list of bad sequels.  The first that came to mind was Grease 2, it was just unnecessary, BUT I can still watch it.  it's just where were the Pink Ladies and T-Birds from the 1st one, this group is what a year or 2 behind Sandy an nem. Dirty Dancing Havanna nights should have just been named Havanna Night because NO.  They tried to mess with the perfection that was Baby and Johnny!! Best Man Holiday was good but was it really needed?  It was sooooooo emotional and I get why we wanted to revisit that group of friends but not really.  Which brings me to Think like a Man TOO and Why Did I get Married TOO.  Meh... After all this though I then thought about trilogies.  See these movies were meant to have more than one.  So Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones are exempt. HOWEVER that 4th mess they made of Indian Jones they could have kept because that shit was shit!!Crystal Skull REALLY PEOPLE!! All that cgi was a bit to much for the kid which then brought me to Mummy Returns.  This was to feature one Mr, Dewayne THE ROCK Johnson as the Scorpion King but I sat there and watch cgi Scorpion King fight Rick.  It was just bad. HOWEVER, several years later I like the Scorpion King with 1/2 nekkid Rock and Barbarian Michael Clark Duncan (may he rest in peace) that made me happy so I bought the DVD.  But them fools made a Scorpion King 2 and 3 I think with NO Rock so, no thank you!  So yeah I think DEEP thoughts for a long period of time about random ass stuff!!

AND.. the jumbo glass is kicking in right about now!!

I've been hitting the movie hard  here lately.  I saw Top 5 With Chris Rock and the funniest scene was with Cedric and DMX.  It was funny but as I suspected not as funny as everyone said it would be. I saw Beyond the Lights, this one did live up to the hype I think.Then I saw Belle with the same girl from Beyond the lights.Definitely interesting.  I saw Maleficent, The Fault in out Stars, The Giver, Tammy, 2 Guns and..... most of The Wolverine.  I do love Hugh Jackman  but that story line was dumb Dumb DUMB.  I like Wolverine (without the The) and the quick nekkid booty shot they showed.  And WAIT A SECOND... was THE Wolverine a sequel!?!?!? No I had to IMDB it it was X-Men Origins: Wolverine but still no THE.  

Back to it being 2015... I have hung my Obama and my Wine calendars in respective rooms and it has made me smile.  I always look forward to what the new year has in store and this year is no different.  And that is all I have to say about that!!














No comments:

Post a Comment