Thursday, January 15, 2015

cornfield random


I am sitting here sleepy as HELL!  There are several random things that I need to get off my chest.  Bullets or just separate paragraphs?!? Both??

·        Shout out to the dude at Jiffy Lube who while vacuuming my car floors found my Sam’s club card that I didn’t even realize was lost!  I had been checking all the purses and bags I’ve carried for the last few months but I had resigned to just going to Sam’s and getting another card. That was a good find

·        Shout out to the little boy at the Arby’s in Claymont DE who at 9:58 decided to fry me some straight fries instead of curly fries because they were quicker AND because he knew I was an hungry black chick and he mighta got a beat down if he denied me food.  The Arby’s closed at 10 so he really REALLY didn’t even have to take my order but see what had happened is…

Yesterday was my birthday and I had purchased tickets to “This is the Read’ Live event that was in Philly.  Since it was on my actual birthday and I love the show I knew that even though it was in Philly it really wasn’t too far to drive up and drive back.  And that’s what I did.  What I didn’t factor into any equation was food.  I can really plan things to a T sometimes, but yesterday I was just winging it!  I went to McDonald’s for breakfast which is a habit that I need to get out of RIGHT NOW!!  I sometimes slip into a ‘let me just run to Mickey D’s’ and get a McDouble and a sweet tea.  Or let me get a little sausage McMuffin and that needs to stop.  So I did that for breakfast and then I thought that I would just hit a little restaurant and have a little drink before the event I was going to.  So I’m on the road and I say to myself, ‘Well if I see a Waffle House’ I’ll just go there and get some bacon and eggs’ Cause we all know I love me some breakfast and I still don’t understand why there is not a Waffle House closer to where I live.  And then I pass the 1st one and say well… but I don’t wanna spill on my shirt.  Then I convinced myself I didn’t really want bacon and eggs OR a Waffle.  And then after the 3rd one I get mad at myself for not stopping but ASSURE myself that I could find a restaurant.  My event was at Drexel University so once I got on the campus I see food trucks.  I love a food truck as much as the next foodie, but it was 25 degrees and getting out to go stand in a line to get food outside was not really the move, plus I wanted a drink.  I even went down one street full of food trucks got stuck and had to do a U-turn.  So I drive up Market street pull over and turn on Yelp cause I got the smart phone and this should help me be smart about what to do next.  Well apparently this area has a lot of India restaurant.  I like Indian food but that wasn’t really what I wanted.  After circling the block for the 4th time and not seeing the restaurant almost hitting several pedestrians and cars, I decided to just park and see what I could see.  The 1st place was closed for construction, 2nd place ALSO closed for construction. So the 3rd place which was open was only open for drinks.  Did I already mention it was 25 degrees?  So yeah I can do a drink or 2.  It was a Mexican restaurant so I thought well maybe I could get chips and salsa, but NO the kitchen was not open until 5 and it was 3:45.  The host did give me these spicy ass peanuts which was not what I wanted.  SO I sat there and slurped down not 1, but 2 margaritas!!  This went directly to my head and fast.  Thank LBJ I didn’t get a headache because me and tequila have not been on good terms for quite a while.  ALSO, thankfully where I needed to be was literally down the street so even though I do not endorse drinking and driving, once I hit that cold air, it sobered me up quickly.  I parked by a Boston Market and should have gone there, and I thought I saw a 7/11 to get a hot dog, but couldn’t find it again.  So I am tipsy, hungry and now I have to find a bathroom.  When I get to the auditorium, which is in the Engineering building there are several areas where the kids are congregating.  I see 3 Asian students eating and I swear I coulda beat them down for their food.  That’s just how hongry… not hungry… I was!!! This is why when the event was over I tried to find the closest thing which ended up being an Arby’s at 9:58.

·        When I say I have to go to the bathroom, please don’t ask me about a report I need to send and/or sign.  My manager almost got drop kicked this afternoon because he got all in the way.  I drink lots and LOTS of water and I gotta go alla time.  SO just stare (stair?) clear of me!! In my time of need

SO I have a new desk which is in the middle of another department.  The good thing is it is close to the bathroom, the bad thing is I have noooooooooooooo privacy and we know I need to get my Wendy Williams and other YouTube action in.  I can’t figure out how to position my Kindle because while I love my lil iPod I can’t login because it is a 2nd generation and it stopped doing what I need for it to do and the screen is just too small.

I really need for Baltimore County to come and pick up the damn trees that we set out a few weeks ago.  And then I need for all of the people to take down all the Christmas decorations (including me!! LOL).

·        This is a general PSA, it is winter so even if the streets are not covered with snow, if it below freezing then there is probably patches of ice on the road.  Slow Your asses down!

I completely embarrassed myself the other day at the Bob Evans.  So I recently bought myself a big Coach purse.  It was my Christmas/birthday present to myself.  And for some reason even though the only place I was headed was to breakfast, I felt the need to carry it.  So I loaded it with my makeup bag, my kindle and my little wallet that has all of my store loyalty cards in it.  I sit myself down at table, order my sausage gravy and biscuits.  Eat EVERYTHING and then ask for the bill.  There are 3 compartments in this purse so I go through each one of them at least 5 times before I realize I don’t have my wallet!!  OH SHIT!!!  So I’m sitting trying to decide what the hell do I say to the server who has been diligently waiting on me.  She needs her lil money and I am about to jack up her day.  My thought was that I would leave my kindle as a kind of assurance that I would come back.  I remember doing the same thing years ago at a nail salon and they made me leave my license which in retrospect wasn’t a great idea because if I got pulled over my story to the officer would be… so what had happened mr. officer is that I forgot my wallet.  But the Bob Evans people were really quite nice about the whole situation.  The little girl who waited on me said OK… let me go tell my manager.  Then the manager came over and was like OK… well just go get your wallet and come back.  I sat there like WAIT! Do you need for me to leave anything?!?  He said no, so back home I went.  When I came back the other manager was like it was really no problem because you didn’t look shady! LOL  I’ll take that as a compliment!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment