Thursday, December 11, 2014

Top 5


Everybody has been doing Top 5 list of their favorite rappers because of the new Chris Rock movie and I have some favorites too.  Even though I am more of a happy rap kinda chick my list probably will shock some but here it is:

1.  Nas
2.  Wu-Tang (the group as a whole)
3.  DMX
4.  Tupac
5.  AND… maybe it’s just a top 4 because I am racking my brain and I can’t think of anyone else.  A lot of people said Jay Z and Biggie.  I like Jay Z enough but ehh… And Biggie I’ve never been a fan. 
I guess maybe this is a list of people who I actually own music OOOOHHHH WAIT I remember my #5

5. Ludacris!!  Because what song don’t sound better with Luda?!?!  I can even stomach corny ass Jamie Foxx with a Luda verse.  I really like his flow.

I watched the 1st episode of ‘Girlfriends Guide to Divorce’.  The scene where she is about to get it on with the younger dude, which he says something corny like ‘are you ready for the younger man experience?’ played by the guy from Alphas (which is cancelled) and also he was in Rush this summer (as a bad guy and his ass got killed) but he is a cutie patootie who in real life is 39 but can play a 28 year old (must be nice) ANYWAYS… so they are about to get it on and this song comes on and I’m like wayment… WHO IS THAT SIGNING?!?!? What song is this?  That was a few nights ago.  So today I am stalking reviews and the IMDB and BING to see if anyone wrote about that song because it needed to be written about and how do you find out that information?!?  So one review on Entertainment weekly spoke of Lianne La Havas and her remake of Crazy by Knarls Barkley (or Cee Lo Green you know whatever you remember) and I do remember that song playing but is wasn’t noteworthy and it kinda pisses me off when folk redo some songs, I mean she has this bluesy husky voice so it did actually sound good but that wasn’t the song I needed.  So I am finding nothing on the good internet so I go back to the show on my trusty Kindle and try to relisten to the song.  I initially thought it was Joss Stone which is funny because she is on the remake with Lianne on the Crazy song.  SO THEN I get the bright idea to turn on closed caption (I am a genius in my own mind!!!) IT IS LIANNE LA HAVAS!!!! The artist and title pop it. The name of the song is ‘Is your Love big enough?’  and that’s the song hole up lemme add it:

 
I should know this chick and I kinda do but not really which is making me need to go back to my old haunts where I ‘discovered’ all the good stuff I know about.  I wanna say she was a VH1 artist ‘you outta know’ but nooooo… so now I’m gonna rack my brain trying to remember how I knew her.  Maybe she was at the Jazz fest last year!?!? Noooo that’s not it either I just can’t remember but what I DO KNOW is I need that CD just based off that song.  The song was so timely in the show because here we have a woman who is struggling through getting her mind right for getting ready to get a divorce and who's husband is already seeing someone and now is her turn to about to have sex with a young dude so it’s not even love but the song asks Is your love big enough for what’s to come?!?!  The answer is probably no!! She just wants the secks not love.

No comments:

Post a Comment