Monday, May 19, 2014

i don't really mind if it's over your head

Insecurity is not a sexy quality.  It’s not that I think I have it all together I truly do not, but insecure is one thing I hope no one ever uses as a term to describe me.  I was talking to the little girl (she is young early 20’s) who is the security guard.  It looked like she had cut her hair but she was explaining to me that she had about ½ inch new growth and was attempting to go natural.  She said she looked a mess at the mall yesterday and then she decided to pin it up and the front was out but it looked really cute.  I told her some days I look a hot mess but I still carry it like it looks good.  Today I am rocking the full on fro.  I didn’t twist last night and it really was a bushy mess but I kept picking it till it stood up the way I want it to.  This really isn’t about hair though.  You can have a poor image of anything, your body, hair, speaking in public, job skills just anything!  Recently one of my friends/co-workers tried to lump me in a category of not having a certain skill set for a job.  I told her to speak for herself because my skill set was HUGE!!  I could run this place if they needed for me to!  I know firsthand from a manager we both had at one time how she is looked at.  I sit in meetings and they say Hey Chick do you know how to convert widgets to wangers?!?  And I say I SURE DO!! I leave the meeting and GOOGLE IT!!  Then I find any experts I know on wangers and I get the shit done!  She hems and haws and generally management doesn’t like that.  As for my body, well I have said in the past that I wanted to be a big booty girl.  I have lots of boobs but booty not so much, except I was looking at myself in the mirror the other day and I kinda do have a big booty.  I guess I should have said big booty small waist is what I wanted and I’ma throw a swim suit on with all my TNA and act like I’m the cutest chick at the pool/beach! 

Old man at the post office, WHY do you think you are exempt from standing in line and just out and out get in front of me?!? I’m about 2 seconds from letting things slide and I do not think the people are ready.  And WHY did I think I could run in and run out?!?  The dude in front had about 50 packages that had to be individually metered.  I’m thinking he didn’t know about the flat rate boxes and that they can come to your house. And then there was the little girl in the purple tutu who was giving me way more cuteness than I could handle!! And finally the cashier, does your face need to be that beat to work at the post office?!?  Yeah maybe!!!  She looked good and well put together which is not saying much for the other cashier who looked like he hadn’t washed hi shirt in weeks and was acting real postal and slow for no good reason.  It’s 10 AM buddy and folks got shit to mail!!

I have a friend who does not enjoy food as much as I do and I cannot for the life of me understand why!!! She knows who she is!! She constantly says she is not a foodie and I keep tryna explain you don’t have to be a foodie to enjoy food.  I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Miss Shirley’s.  It’s almost sacrilegious to speak bad about that restaurant, but this chick says it’s ok.  OK?!?!?  **major side eye** We were talking about vacation and how she wants to do activities and she just can’t understand why food has to be part of it.  I mean I don’t plan my day around food (well I mean sometimes I DO), but make no mistake DO NOT let me get too hungry or there will be heck to pay LOL!! I always appreciate a good meal, a good drink a good glass (or bottle) of wine!  Like a few weeks ago I had some fries with gravy and cheese curds.  CHEESE CURDS!! And then we had calamari (which I have had some bad calamari in my day) came in this little fry basket and it was sooo good.  Now I know I take my love of food to an extreme sometimes, I know this! I know everyone is not brought to tears because something is just that good (crab cone from Gypsy Queen food truck OHHH IT’S THAT SERIOUS!!)!!  But good food is just good food!  But  I’ma let her slide because at least she tries new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment