Monday, June 3, 2013

i don't have a title...


It’s not that I dislike my job or the people that work her it’s just that it is very corporate and white washed.   It’s cliquey and it would be VERY lonely here if I didn’t already know some folks that I used to work with before.  I know this is why I faltered, fell, and failed at the job I had in VA.  Again it was a case of me not necessarily disliking the place or the people (the commute is another story LOL), but the only other person I knew there I felt as if he had a knife waiting to stab me in the back even though he often claimed he was looking out for me.  Yeah buddy I can look out for myself if all you gonna do is throw me under the bus!!  So yeah here…

My new TV motto is, If I like it then the show WILL get cancelled!  So far Smash, How to Live with your parents, Private Practice, Bunheads (wait I think I have to google that one) are all canned. So I refuse to start liking any new shows because they will just cancel it. 

So this weekend was the Great Grapes Wine Festival at Oregon Ridge.  I usually don’t mind paying for events like this, but I missed the GroupOn for $15 so paying $35 just didn’t sound like something I wanted to do.  So I had the bright idea to volunteer.  I contacted the lady who was handling it she said I could, so me and one of my girls went on Saturday to volunteer for 3 ½ hours.  Let’s just say I will NOT be doing that again!  It wasn’t that it was bad and I’m not exactly sure what I was expecting, but yeah NO.  So we get there bright eyed and bushy tailed on one of the hottest days so far this year and our names are not on the list.  The chick in charge was just wrote out names down and was like well just help me now and then later you guys can do the GroupOn table.  Let me back up and say the dress code was all black!  I had on a tee shirt, some capris and flip flops which were all black. We initially signed everyone up who got to the festival prior to noon waiting in line.  And then they had the table in the middle of the field NOT under a tent and NO chairs and did I already mention we had on ALL BLACK?!?  I stole one chair and my girlfriend ‘found’ another one, but we were still kinda out in the open.   I always try to make the best of things but it really was hot and I didn’t realize I got sun burned until that night when I was lying on my back and didn’t know why I was in pain.  At various point we took turns carding and putting the pink wrist bands on people.  For some reason the 2 dudes and 1 dudette just took forever to do this and the lines got backed-up.  It was at this point in the day when I was looking at these people who were in my same age group and they were not aging very well.  And then I was like WELL DAMN, so I look like these folks?  I kept seeing 1979, 1976, 1977 and then I would look at these folks and be like you’re only 33?!?! Da hell have you been doing?  And it’s not that I think I look all that great but I just hope I don’t look all that bad!!  Someone recently asked if I was in my 20’s and while that can be complimentary, I really hope I look like I’m 39, not any younger and CERTAINLY not any older.  A good day was had by all.  This was definitely a little more tamer than the Caribbean Festival a week prior at Liganore where folks were literally drinking right out the bottle.   

A spiky haired man just passed my desk… he had on a suit.  I need to pass the office he just went in to get a better look. Yeah his ass is too old for that. I had to do the fake-like-I’m-faxing-something maneuver to go get another look. 

I need a new section of my blog that is titled ‘Shit I really wish I made up… BUT NO IT’S TRUE!!’  because well just because…

As all of my faithful readers know I have taken up hot yoga.  And right now since it is getting hotter outside, it gets hotter inside and more and more people don’t push through they just sit down and take a sip of water and rejoin when they can.  I even find myself not pushing it because I don’t want to pass out.  So in class last Wed we are doing our floor exercises and I notice the little girl (she is a 20 something so they are all little girls to me) lying face down and not really following what we supposed to be doing.  It wasn’t weird, but then she looked really still and for a moment it looked like she was turning blue.  So I’m thinking OH SHIT please don’t let the little girl be dead to the floor in yoga class!!  But then she moved and I was ok.  But then she again got really still and it WAS weird, but then one of the goals of yoga is to focus on yourself and make sure you are doing what you need to do to achieve maximum benefit so I stopped (or at least I tried) looking at her.   When class was over I was sitting on the floor trying to get myself together and I see her and I say ‘are you ok, you looked really still and I was wondering if you were ok’ She said ‘Oh yeah I’m fine I have narcolepsy so sometimes I just fall asleep and forget where I am.  Most of the teachers know so they just leave me alone.’  I look at her and say OOOH OK!!  But then I am ready to just die laughing!!  I know it’s not funny I KNOW THIS!!!  BUT DAMMIT IT’S FUNNY!!! So I’m sitting there stifling a laugh because I really don’t want to laugh at this little girl. 

 And here’s the other thing…

So I’m in line at the festival and 3 women come up and ask me about the purchases I just made which were 3 of the 4 fruity sweet wines from St Michael’s.  So I’m like well just go over there and sample them.  They had ALL lost their wine glass O_O Now how you gon go to a wine festival where you are supposed to sample the wines and you lose you glass!?!?  I told the one girl OH this is most definitely going in my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment