Thursday, June 27, 2013

thursday random 177...


So I’m sitting on the couch with my newly acquired roommate (does that sound better than my mom lives with me?) and we are watching Family Tools, a new show on ABC, and since I like it, it will be cancelled soon.  So Carrie (From King of Queens) is the sister and she is teaching her 16 year old how to drive, which ends up being her showing him where to adjust the mirrors and putting the car in reverse.  And I don’t know why but I always empathized with kids learning how to drive.  So I turn to Barb and ask her if she remembered teaching me how to drive and she said ‘OH yes.  I had to do it before you father tried to teach you’ me, very curious, ‘why was that’, and then she turns to me and say all matter of factly ‘well because I was the better driver!’ This my friends is a small glimpse into why I am how I am!!  OF COURSE she thinks she is/was the better driver.  I ALWAYS think I can drive better than pretty much everybody so now I know it’s HER fault!!!  LOL

I know you love you kid(s) but I have a cat so going on and on about what they do and their quirks is really lost on me.  I just told my little cuz when she said she needed to cook dinner to let the kids feed theyself!!  Her kids are 9, 3, and 1.  The 9 year old (who might actually be 8 or 10??!?) might be aiight.  But the 3 and 1 year old would be SOL!!  So I’m listening now to my frantic co-worker try and figure out if she is going to go home or get someone to get her 9 year old because she doesn’t’ like one of the camp counselors.  This is the last week of camp.  My advice is always to let me talk to her kids to straighten them out because I have such good children skills!! In fact I have an idea for kids aged 10 – 13.  It would be Auntie Boot Camp… The shit your mama won’t do which is beat that ass if you get outta line.  Shaking is permissible.  The motto of the camp: YOU GONNA LEARN TONIGHT!!!   I say this in jest but these kids today are a different breed.  I wish I would have called my mom at work to tell her I’m not going to camp cause I don’t like the counselor!!  I wish I would have NOT eaten something she put on my plate for any meal.  The only exception was liver.  I mean I wasn’t a picky kid but liver made me gag.  I wish I would have talked back and thought I wasn’t gonna get hit telling either parent what I was and wasn’t gonna do.  It just galls me to see the interaction of the youths today!!

Things I want to say but it’s a good idea that I don’t:

Dude I don’t know where you pulled that dashiki out from but you need to put it back… 

OOH OOHH… the 70’s called and they want their dashiki back

Oh my key chain?  It’s says 1908… for my sorority.  You know, because I went to college!!  (no shade to my friends who didn’t go to college, this was actually for one of my managers who said such crass things as OMG they speak Mexican!!  Really lady PC should be something you learn not now but RIGHT NOW!!)

It is sandal season lady; get to a nail salon STAT!!  Ain’t nobody got time to look at your crusty feet!

**shouting to all the chicks in the ladies room** COURTESY FLUSHING IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

yes lady you just stunk up the WHOLE BATHROOM don’t look at me like I didn’t just smell what I KNOW I smelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment