Wednesday, June 19, 2013

a whole lotta random...


Why is it when I wear my flip flops folks want to congregate in the hallways and silently judged me!?!  #paranoid

Why do I feel silently judged on just about EVERY aspect of my life?!?  Maybe because I silently judge everyone else ON everything!!  LOL to the English dude whose pants are just a hair away from being too tight who flirts with the lady on 4… yeah buddy WE all know! To all the married men whose shirts are winkled as hell, you clearly don’t have a 1940’s wife cause she wouldn’t let you leave the house looking as you do!! Judge not lest ye be judge is in the Bible.  But sometimes it’s so hard to not see the flaws in others.  This is something I am working on

Just leave my papers on the printer.  No really!!!  DON’T TOUCH THEM!! I remembered what I printed and I will get up and get them when I need them.  This fool all the way on the other end of the floor picked up my stuff yesterday and I’m standing at the printer like I know I printed it, well wait did I hit print? Maybe I didn’t hit print.  So I schlep back to my desk print it AGAIN and he comes up like OOOOH is this yours?!?  Yes mofo IT IS!! So now you made me kill yet another tree!! And then I find out I only needed 5 of the 42 pages that I printed.  Thank LBJ for front and back printing!

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1000… courtesy flushing is your friend         

Someone made a roast beef sandwich that looked so good last week.  It’s still in the frig at work now.  I KNEW I shoulda stole it last week!! (It’s still in there, this is week 3) Incidentally someone stole my orange juice!  It had my name on it and err thang!!!

You gotta love customer service.  So last week I was on the phone and on hold for about 45 minutes with the good people of Comcast trying to get my service upgraded and more importantly get a phone line for the house.  So after I’m told all the costs associated and that I will need to do a self -install because having a tech come out would be an extra $40 bucks, I call this morning and they say OH no, you don’t need any additional equipment just plug in your phone O_O !!! You’re kidding right?!?  I busted out laughing like WAIT WHAT?!?!  SO I’m now on hold again because the lady is trying to get me squared away… her words not mine even though I do use that term often!!

The reason for me getting a phone line is that my mom is coming to live with me!  This is actually a very good thing.  She is getting older and her being all the way in Pittsburgh has been a bit stressful for me and the sibs.  SO because my house has a 1st floor bedroom and bathroom, it just works out.  Plus, my brother who has a much bigger house has a much bigger family.  All of the activity of his family and community is just a bit too much for my mom.  And my sister has too many steps in her house, so it just works out for her to come with me.  Plus I’m kinda excited!!  I have a great relationship with my mom, always have.  It makes me so sad to hear people say they don’t speak to their mom, or they don’t really fool with their mother’s.  It just doesn’t compute. 

…I’m still on hold.  Apparently, Customer service Rep David jacked up my account so Cust service rep Charlee is helping me out!  I’m thinking a few months of free service will do the trick!!

Ok so I should have posted this last week right after that line.  So I call Comcast Monday only to be told that I do in fact need to modem that the first guy told me I needed.  This is actually via the live agent chat, because when I called they disconnected me and I was on my lil prepaid phone so I just opted for the chat.  Long story short, I called Verizon, they turned the phone on yesterday.  It really was that simple although the whole modem nonsense with Comcast was a bit too much on top of just EVERYTHING else that is going on now.

So I went to Pittsburgh, picked up my mom, and she is happily living with me.  Well I hope she’s happy!!  Sunday my sister and I… oh wait this needs a new paragraph.

Let me start by saying there is no shame in my game trying to meet that special someone online.  A lot of people look down on it and there is still somewhat of a stigma attached to it.  To me it’s just another resource.  If I don’t go anywhere or do anything outside of work, how really am I supposed to meet Mr. Right (or right now for that matter)?  So I had ‘met’ this guy who after the 2nd call I knew Yeah this just aint gonna work buddy!! So we are talking and he decided to brush his teeth… BRUSH HIS TEETH while on the phone with me and then proceeded to ask me if I thought it was rude.  I said Yes that was rude.  I mean just call me back later.  Oh wait let me back up, his first call was at 11:55 PM, uuuhhh  that’s booty call time and you aint getting no booty so why do you think it’s ok to call me for the first time that late?  And then he called at about noon the next day.  Buddy I’m at work, let me call you back in about an hour when I’m free.  So I call him back and shenanigans ensued.  I don’t know what I said or what made him jump to the conclusion that I was hurt in the past and that I needed to give a brotha a chance OH and that I’m uptight and some other really kinda mean things, and if I was a chick lacking in self-esteem I might have thought he was a godsend. BUT NO!!  I know myself very well and you talking to me for 10 minutes does not mean you know me so… just lose my number we don’t really have to do this.  Go ahead and get the hint when I reject your calls and don’t call back! Fast forward to this past Sunday…  I am shopping with my sister at the supermarket trying to get stuff for the house for me and my mom.  I see this guy sorta talking to himself, but it’s the store and don’t make much of it and go on my way.  I went down and aisle and he follows me and says HEY BEAUTIFUL!  And I’m like what da hell do you want?!?!  But then I get a good look at him and he’s kinda cute so OKAY… HEY!! So he says something and I’m like yeah ok Sure!  Why not, online aint working so why not?! This is the traditional way to meet people, right?  We exchange numbers, he tells me his name, a flicker of recognition but I’m like hmmm… He texts me later and attached his picture which I always think is odd, I just met you I know what you look like, but whatever that’s what folks do in this day and age.  I look at the pic and I’m like OH SHIT that’s the teeth brushing dude!!  REALLY why couldn’t this be some other guy?  Why did he have to attach his silly looking pic, OF which he does not look the same in person (thankfully).  Why does shit like this only seem to happen to me?!?  It’s a curse that my little baby cousin whom shall remain nameless put on me!!  I’m sure of it!!  So I text him back and say you don’t remember meeting me online and then brushing your teeth in my ear?  He calls and it’s that same voice that I recalled was on the other end.  So when I told him about the teeth incident he was like, WELL is that all?!? He said he had a really bad memory, and for maybe about a minute I was going to give him a chance, start fresh.  So t next day he texts me again, calls me again, asks for me to send him a pic, I say I’m at work and it would be later.  So what does this fool do? He texts yet again, and calls and then texts saying oh you must not be interested all within the span of a few hours.  O_O I know I have dodged a bullet.  He seemed a little too… what’s the word CRAZY!!  And aint nobody got time for that!!  Yeah only me… **smh**

This whole older parent living with me thing is taking some getting used to.  Monday I was dead tired so tired that I couldn’t even get a quick lil nap.  I just laid in the bed.  I did eventually go to sleep at 9:30.  Tuesday was much better! Today is Wednesday and there was no lunch meat, why? because that chick ate it all in 2 days (LOL) so what to fix for lunch, cause you gotta have lunch.  Oh wait the chicken and a salad and some fruit.  I’ll just cut up this cantaloupe real quick, apparently TOO quick because I almost sliced my thumb off **LOUD SIGH**  These injuries to my left hand are taking it’s toll.  I wrapped the dish towel around it (cause I couldn’t find the duct tape!!). Came into work, it was still bleeding. Thank LBJ for the first aid kit at work!!

2 comments: