Tuesday, February 7, 2012

monday2.5

Some Mondays take more effort to get started than others… Today is not bad but my computer was really slow and actually I need to rewind to me getting out of the bed, it was hard. My cat has a tendency (well not just a tendency she does it ALL the time) to jump on the bed when I turn the TV on. I guess that is her cue that I am up. And then I am right at the end of my mocha java caribou coffee and pay day is Friday… So I was forced to drink the pumpkin spice which isn’t bad, but not what I needed to fully open up my eyes on a Monday morning. Traffic wasn’t to bad. Wendy Williams was on Tom Joyner talking about the superbowl and the Madonna performance, which in my opinion was just alright. But to be honest no performance has be all that great in many years. I mean I do remember the whole ‘wardrobe malfunction’ incident. All I remember is I was on the ski trip (MD Ski) with 2 of my girlfriends. One was Lord knows where (oh wait I remember, but what happens on the mountain STAYS on the mountain) and me and the other were halfway watching the game and show on the TV in the room. And then alla sudden we were both like WAS THAT WHAT WE THOUGHT IT WAS?!?! Did you see a boob because I coulda sworn I just saw a boob!!! And yep it was a boob!! To this day I still think they did Janet wrong and Justin after that shallow apology got off. But whatever at least that was a good show. So Madonna had like everyone well ok not everyone but LMFAO (who are freaking hilarious), Nicki Minaj, and Cee Lo (who I always ALWAYS question his wardrobe because even though it’s not a malfunction, it should be) and some other chick who is flipped the bird but I didn’t even know until Ann Curry told me this morning. Thank you for perpetuating the non-event.

Vinegar may be cheaper, but you always get more flies with honey!! Someone recently asked me, well do you WANT flies to which I told her she was missing the point!! Being nice to people should always be the goal, not always trying to cuss and fuss them out. DATS ALLS I’m saying.

As much as I dislike office lunches, I can’t pass up free food!! Especially when the senior VP is in town. I might get a burger AND a milkshake LOL I just have to arrange myself next to ***LOUD SIGH*** it doesn’t matter we are going to talk about work no matter what.

I have a book in me, the question is will I change the names to protect the innocent?

Because I have been in the serving industry I know that I am more sensitive to bartenders and waiters and folks who like to run them to death and then not give a good tip which bugs me although I try not to say anything, but my friends know; work people not so much. so if you asked for everything on the side and that’s what they did but you are still complaining… IT’S YOU not them!! Now if they are not doing a good job then there is cause for being a grump toward them. For instance, one of my favorite restaurants is Miss Shirley’s and for the most part I have been waited on by just about everybody and everyone does a great job EXCEPT for this one guy. No matter what I asked him it was a bother for him to do anything for me. Maybe because I was solo, maybe because I’m a black chick (because we get a bad rap in the tip dept) I don’t know but he was just in a funky mood and usually IS in a funky mood when I go there. So I really thought it was me, but then a couple sat down beside me and he treated them just as poorly. So as he plopped the bill down I readjusted my tip. But this is truly the exception, not the rule. The waitress we had today, aside from needing some dental care was pretty good. I know here lately when I bartend if I don’t feel like make something I say oopss nope we don’t have the ingredients!! One guy tired to give me step by step instructions for making a martini the way his wife liked it and I obliged but that fool didn’t even leave me a tip. You win some you lose some!

No comments:

Post a Comment