Tuesday, November 30, 2010

thanksgiving and other randomness

thanksgiving
I'm always so grateful to have a place to go and a family to go to for all major (and minor) holidays. And it's great to add new people to the mix... in-laws, new babies, special friends (as my mother like to say). But THANK YOU LITTLE BABY JESUS when it's over!!! We managed to go through 2 boxes of wine and 2 regular sized bottles of zinfandel. And it wasn't bad it really wasn't but I just am reminded of why moving home not Pittsburgh necessarily, but specifically my mother's house. I love her so much but I just don't think we could ever live together for very long and on purpose.


Oprah
I am tryna catch up on my Oprah's that have been dvr'd over the past week or so. right now playing in the background is the one with Garth Brooks. I'm not a big country fan, let alone a Garth fan, but who doesn't know/love I got friends in LOW places?!?! It is a classic. And to be honest all my friends in HIGH places can't seem to help me so sometimes having those friends in LOW places is your best bet. The show before was a woman who married a convicted felon in prison. I really couldn't watch much of that because it was just tooo stupid. Now I am all for love in all sorts of circumstances, and having a connection with someone that you really just can't explain, but to marry someone with no chance of parole who killed people execution style is just a bit much for this chick to handle. And then she has a teenage son and I was like COME ON?!?! Then theres the Favorite things show **LOUD SIGH** I really just couldn't watch the first one. Oprah's rationale for not doing it last year just went completely out the window this year in an effort to make every show so freaking big for her final season. And I know she doesn't buy all this stuff, these companies give it to her and I'm sure they makes tons of sales after the fact so it all evens out, but sometimes I wonder where is MY fairy godmother?!?? Who's gonna grant my little measly wish. I just get so frustrated sometimes because I'm not really asking for much and yet I am in a pickle!! Some of it self imposed MOST of it because of this horrible economy where I have to interview for a lowly temp assignment that may pay 10 bucks only to smile and look great and tell these people my whole life story which may be too much because they think I'm not a fit and what the hell does that mean anyway?!?

housewives
now I know new parents are clueless and not having a child of my own I can only imagine what foolishness that I will impart on my own child, but Phaedra takes the freaking cake. She is so concerned with the little crocheted outfit that she puts the modesty cover over her backwards. she is a little to materialistic for me. I feel so bad for Ne Ne. Only she and Greg know what the real deal is, but it seems to me that reality shows do a disservice to the institution of marriage. Keep yo shit to yourself. I think they maybe would have made it had it not been for the show... maybe. I know there are various levels of payment in the music industry, but couldn't Kandi have sued Kim? And I know she is trying to be cordial and help out a friend, but business is business. Mr or Dr Tiy-E LMBAO he looked like a scam artist the first time they showed his thinning s-curl. But Sheree was tryna give a brotha a chance. OH WELL.

I have tried to watch Beverly Hills, they are just sooooooo over the top with the spending on the kids; $60k for a kids birthday party?!?! REALLY... you coulda paid me 10k and they actually would have had a good time!! And then the plastic surgery/botox thing is so gross looking. First off, if I can tell you had some work done, then it's prolly not a good job. Second, who are you fooling with those duck lips?? Who woulda thunk having full lips would be something people paid for? I myself have a pretty full set of lips AND dark skin which is another thing people pay for. I guess I take it for granted. OH and that whole Jersey thing (Jerseylicious and Jersey Shore) have taken the tanning thing to a WHOLE NUTHA LEVEL!! I am tempted to drive up there to see if the regular folks are really like that. It's almost like they are ok with creating a stereotype specifically for Italian Americans. Most of them are Italian (which is why they probably tan pretty good) some are not, but they still wear way to much make-up and manscape a tad bit too much... I'm jus sayin!!

general random
Every single leaf has fallen off my tree and of course it rained today so even if I had it in my head to rake I can't (or won't) now. Someone said that was why we had so many stink bugs this year because they nested under all the leaves people didn't rake. I don't really buy that, but it is a theory.

I cooked eggs this morning and now my house smells like EGGS!! I attempted to find a odor neutralizing candle at the SUPER Wal-Mart I even asked the cute little dread loc'd guy who was stocking the shelves. I remember they sold them at Bed Bath and Beyond... I guess I need to go there with one of my coupons. Just slightly pissed that the SUPER Wal-Mart did not have all of my needs!! Actually I could hit there and then swing past Caribou for a latte... hmmm if it didn't get dark so early I would do just that right now. Maybe tomorrow.

I have the TV on the 'Throwback Jamz' station... is it witha Z?? Ok I got all kinds of distracted cause Perculator is on LOL!!! That was the jam back in the day... hence it being on the throwback station LOL. maybe I should just leave this station and shake my booty for the rest of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment