Wednesday, September 29, 2010

random chick's TV review

yesterday was a hellified day... but you know, i have to take it in stride and keep it moving. I went and got some Yuengling, Merlot-Cab from 2 vines Columbia Crest, AND some vodka. I drank the beer which always gives me a sinus headache if I have more than 1... I had 3 LOL

So what the hell is up with this fall line-up?!?! I am a little disgruntle that the only show that has black main characters is the Undercovers show with Boris Kodjoe and the lady who I have never seen before... hole up let me google it right quick. OOHH she's English so she's been in shows I've never heard of. And then all the new shows are really hard pressed to have any more than 1 black cast member. Remember when we had Living Single, Martin, Different World, Moesha, Half and Half, Fresh Prince of Bel Air and I won't even mention Cosby because that was so main stream... BUT DAMN!! Where are all the black shows. I know many are in syndication on TV One or BET and I know a few still exist like Lincoln Heights (which I can never remember it's on). And let's not even go there with the whole Tyler Perry nonsense. I'm just not going there at all.

So since there aren't many shows with black folks I guess I'll go ahead and talk about the show I like or want to like that are new or newish...

Mike and Molly - This show so far is kinda cute. You have 2 overweight people who are wookin pnub and they just might find it in each other. They do have a black factor. Mike's partner way back when used to be Theo's friend on the Cosby show. And then some random African man who talks about how the people in his village are hungry... I have it set on my DVR and so far so good

GLEE - I like musicals!! Or musical related shows. And even though Rachel annoys the hell outta me, all the other characters make up for her annoyance. The Britney character has a dry subtle humor, but I was literally LOL last night from everything she said.

The Event - I feel like my feelings are going to be hurt by this show. It has some many high hopes, but then I don't want it to be like Lost... it drags you along for soooooooo many years and then just lets you down. I feel so let down by Lost, so many questions unanswered. And Blair Underwood, I WANT to like him, but he just plays these roles that borders on crazy OR is he just crazy?!?! So he is supposed to be a Cuban I guess born here cause he is the President. His wife actually is Latina and the kids is lightskinded... he could go either way. And then they keep jumping back 18 months, 8 days.. it's already getting exhausting trying to keep up. But again it is set on my DVR so we'll see.

Outsourced - the premise of this show is hilarious and so true. So many US companies have sent call centers (and other businesses) to India and other countries overseas. So maybe it's not so funny because I cringe when I call and Gupta answers the phone. And jobs have been lost, but there is something endearing about something that is facing the world as we know it and making it into a sitcom. One other thing I have a great problem with the whole THE BLIND SIDE thing where we have to leave it up to white folks to solve the ills of the world... or run a call center. there was only 1 show but so far so good. It come on after The Office... I think I'm kinda ready for that show to just wrap it up. and what happened to Parks and Recreation?!?!?

Hawaii 5-0 - Any show with Daniel Dae Kim (he was on Lost) is alright with me!! LAWD he is one sexy man! I'm just not sure I need a cop drama in my regular TV show watching line-up. I watched the pilot and it was aiight, but it is not set on my DVR.

Parenthood - As I watched it last night I fussed at the TV as to WHY I was even watching this show. It's about a pretty tight knit family and all the drama and struggle they go through. 1 sister wants to get pregnant again, 1 brother has an autistic son, 1 cousin slept with the other cousins boyfriend, OH and the got 2 black folks... the chick from Antwon Fisher who slept with 1 of the brothers 5 years ago and has a son Jabar who she just now told the dude about but then they get back together. So it's not horrible. But the main annoyance is the chick from Gilmore Girls (which I didn't even watch that show) who has 2 kids and had to move back in with her parents. She just... I just DO NOT like her. Probably the main reason is her daughter who was finally taking an interest in school and a teacher (played by Jason Ritter) the mother goes on a date with the teacher and is oblivious to the needs of her child... iono it just rubbed me the wrong way (that was last season btw). It Is set on my DVR and I keep giving into the nonsense.

Detroit 1-8-7 - NOPE no gonna watch a show that I KNOW is gonna be about murder

Grey's Anatomy - this is a staple. and I LOVE it soo what else can I say OOOHHH except that I think I might woulda had to work it out if I were Bailey and stayed with the Jason George character.

Private Practice - the white folks REALLY love Taye Diggs. I'm not sure how I feel about ALL the interaccialness on this show. I mean I have several multiracial components in my own family. It's just nice to see black folks with other black folks. And then the whole teenage pregnancy/mother with the only black child on the show... Was that really the only storyline they could have come up with??

Desperate Housewives - another staple. I LOVE it... Glad to see Vanessa Williams on it. Curious to see what they will do with her. Where do I sign up to do some housework in my lingerie and use a webcam?!?! I am short on cash too OOOOKAAAY!!!! LOL

Lastly and of course not least Oprah!! Australia?!?! COME ON!!! I was watching that mess like WTF is going on here! Mz Winfrey (who my mama believes is related cause they are both from the same small ass town in Mississippi) is doing it SO freaking big this season! I am so mad that I never scored, well nor did I attempt to score tickets to her show. She had Terry McMillian and her gay ex-husband on the show yesterday. And as much I LOVE Terry (oh yeah I gotta do book review) what happens in Jamaica or ______ fill in whatever blank you need to fill in, STAYS in Jamaica or ______!!! I said it then when it happened and even now, she should have sexed the hell outta him when she was there and kept his butt there!! There was NO reason to bring his lil young and apparently gay butt to live with her and then marry him. NO no no no noooooo!! I'm just sayin.

So that's my review. A chick is having a much better day today!! And in about 20 minutes I about to be hella busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment