Monday, August 23, 2010

monday...

ok so some of my best ideas come to me while I'm driving and then I sit down to write it and I just draw a complete blank____________!!

Adventures at Chic-Fil-A
I went to Chic Fil A today. It is truly one of my favorite fast food spots. And I still am trying to figure out if it is because the food is good (the peanut oil does make a difference I think) OR the fact that they believe in great customer service. I love the 'Does that complete your order?' question when you go through the drive thru instead of the 'Is that it?' from every other fast food joint. OH and the 'My Pleasure' when you say thank you or whatever. I just love it!

So I'm there today mainly to get myself out of the self inflicted funk I put myself in and because I have some extra cash from my tips from last week. A chick knows how to hold onto 20 buck for a good long time!! It's lunch time so you have your usual suspects, office workers, mother's with kids, senior citizens, and everything in between. I sat inside and people watched the folks outside. One family in particular had a mother and 3 boys with ultra blond hair. I watched the mother just be oblivious to the kids. The little one may have been 3 or 4 dropped his nugget and proceeded to go pick it up and eat it off the ground. Now I'm all for the 5 second rule but the outside ground I think has a different set of rules. Then the father, or at least some man that appeared to be the dad, comes up and the boys are sooo happy to see him. SO the mom and dad are talking and the kids are just doing there thing. I guess i always focus in on the youngest because I am the youngest. He has his nugget sauce and is liking the hell out of it. It had to have been sweet cause my boy liked that thing dry. And neither the mother nor the father said anything... matter of fact they probably didn't even see him. Which is kind of sad.

WTF!?!?!
Said not spelled out. Kind of like Things that make you go hmmmmm...
1. Fitted shirts. Not really a fashion statement if you have belly and back fat; on men OR women. It's just a bad look!! Muffin tops are just never acceptable. I say this knowing I myself have to purchase tops (being the chesty chick that I am)in my size or higher. And you men, just cause you wearing the Under Armour gear does not mean you look like Ray Ray. Let me note here that I got distracted by the thought of sexy NFL players who do in fact wear Under Armour and do it justice. NFL Hotties as a google search unfortunately brought up alot of scantily clad women which must mean that this is what the sexy NFL player likes?? Hmm I don't know. and being the Steeler fan that I am Hines Ward could most DEF rock some Under Armour. AND coach Mike Tomlinson. And as much as I love The Bus, Jerome Bettis might need to pass on wearing a fitted shirt.

2. Bonnets and sleepwear. I understand not doing your hair, really I do. But a bonnet?!? Really your lazy ass is leaving the house to do whatever it is you gotta do in a bonnet? And I guess I was getting used to the black ones but PURPLE!? REALLY your countrified bama butt is leaving the house so EVERYBODY can see you in a purple or pink bonnet? And sleepwear is just a big NO!! If you can't find a pair of pants to put on to go walk around in, then you need to keep that bootay indoors!! Is it for attention? Did you not get enough hugs as a kid? I just don't get it. And I'm not talking about keeping up with none of the Joneses just regular common sense here! Oprah call this being a shlumpadinka! Here's my PSA to all: DON'T BE A SHLUMPADINKA!!

3. This Economy. It's getting better for some, I'll even venture to say MOST... just for some reason not me and alot of my friends. I am positive and I am keeping my head up but some days I'm like WHY ME!?!?! I'm still trying to understand the lesson in all of this hoping that I at least serve as a cautionary tale. Well maybe not that, I mean except for in good times leaving absolutely good jobs for reasons I question now, I really haven't done things too wrong. Right now I know my resume must read like I'm grossly overqualified. I'm not saying that as a pat on my own back, I've done alot in my years here on earth except figure out what I really want to do when I grow up, which is kinda sad.

4. Workplace bullying. There was a story on this morning news about a man who committed suicide because basically he was being bullied by his superior. My heart goes out to anyone in a situation who thinks they can not do anything about it. I mean granted the economy (see above) is the pits so maybe he thought he had to hold on to his job and take whatever he got from his asshole boss. The boss knew the dude was suffering from depression so how uncaring can you be to push someone further in a hole of despair. There has to be a special place in hell for him. My immediate reaction was to go find that bully boss and kick his ass. Some people need a good ass kicking and that bully boss tops my list. Now I sound like the bully, but I think the world would be a better place of certain people got their asses kicked when needed. FOR INSTANCE, (off the top of my head) Clarence Thomas, yes the supreme justice for saying affirmative action didn't really help him, AND for all the stuff you know he did/said to Anita Hill; Big from Sex in the City, prior to the 1st movie before he married Carrie who's dumb butt waited for him to finally come around; and speaking of sex... Ciara for being a hyper sexualized singer who is not really anyone to look up to. Come on ma really?!?

Parting thoughts/rants...
I am glad it is cool today. I can go finish mowing my jungle of a yard. Although as I sit here I really want to go home and get in the bed watch whatever is on the DVR and just chill. And I might just do that. I am hanging on by a thread here. The way my life has been going here lately, everything just seems so surreal. I will eventually get it together and things will get better because honestly, what other choice is there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment