Monday, August 30, 2010

got me working working DAY AND NIGHT!!

literally... I am sitting here with my coffee. I took vitamins this morning cause who can afford to get sick right now. But I just can't get it together. Last night was the first night I made it to bed before 2AM. A chick is tired!!

I did a Greek wedding Saturday (a chick has 50eleven jobs) and it lived up to whatever stereo types or truths the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding established. I went to see that movie with my girlfriend and we sat there and cried about how we couldn't wait for our day to come. Neither of us has had a big fat ANY kinda wedding but it is nice to still hope that our prince charmings are out there. Ok so the wedding. So me and one of the other bartenders watched in amazement as the people showered the bride with money. They made it rain and then some!! SO much money was spent on this wedding I just pray they stay together. The only thing I did not appreciate were the pretty men whose eyebrows and manicures were better than mine. They were manly men... the one guy looked like he was about to burst out of his shirt, but they were also VERY metro-sexual. The women were ultra femine though, so it all evened out. And I was called babe probably more times than I care to admit. They OPA'd until about 2am. At one point the groom made everyone within 10 ft do shots of Metaxa which is this Greek brandy. I got some last year when I was in Greece (oh yes the chick travels) although I always mix it with something. One of the unfortunate women who was forced to take the shot said 'I'm Italian we don't do this shit at our weddings!!' It was all in fun though and she drowned several glasses of water and Pepsi. I was actually a pretty fun wedding. I have done so many that are sooooooo boring, but not this one.

My mom celebrated her 50 yr High School Reunion. If you're still alive after 50 yrs after graduating from High School YOU SHOULD go to your reunion. She said it was awesome!! I still can't believe I will be out of High School for 20 yrs next year. Damn I feel so under accomplished... I mean comparing myself to... well I know I shouldn't compare. I've done more than some and less than others. And for whatever reason 40 is my magical age. Like if I haven't done it by then, then I can just go ahead and shrivel up and die LOL. I have 3 1/2 more years to go :/ OH yeah one of the few black guests at the wedding was also getting married he said he was 40 and his fiance was 39 so they were going to have a huge wedding party. I guess I should set my sights higher than just successful dates. I should say out loud and to the world I want to get married and have some kids. But who really admits that these days!?!?

This is a slight homage to Michael Jackson who was VERY accomplished but still had so many demons. See here I go again comparing. I always wanted to be part of a sibling singing group or at least family. But I guess that would require the siblings and/or said family to have some iota of talent which we do, just not in the singing arena. My sister sometimes can't find the right key to save her life. And I can carry a note but usually not the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment