Friday, February 19, 2016

i like my baby hair with baby hair and AFROS!!


You ever talk to someone you know is not paying any attention to what you are actually saying?  SO a co-worker stops by my desk asks me how I’m doing and I say well I can’t get up from the desk because my stomach is killing me, but I’ll be ok in a few.  She says Oh that’s good!  And then goes on to say how she needs to get her hair done this weekend.  Thanks for caring about my needs. 

I held the elevator this morning for a woman who had on long rider boots with her pants tucked in.  I didn’t really realize and look at them that hard until just now.  They are regular pants (meaning not slim) and the top of the boots has pants gathered there and it looks a mess and funny. 

What about me says to you I know about running or running events?  My co-worker was telling me about some event in Westminster that was about to happen in however may days.  He was excited but I looked at him and gave a for real blank stare.  I know Black girls Run and I know chunky girls workout… but yeah me and the girls have not been a friend of running since my Schenley (that would be my now closed high school) days.  Even at Virginia State I would cringe when whatever PE class I was mandated to take made me to run.  No… I don’t do that.

But I need to do something.

I did a staycation over the President’s Day weekend. I wasn’t as well thought out as I wanted it to be but it was absolutely wonderful! I got a room in the BWI area hotel, packed up a little bag and went.  I checked in and then went to the Chili’s and got a good steak and shrimps (yes shrimps LOL), came back  and commenced to doing NOTHING!  SO now the thing about doing nothing at home is that I see that pile of laundry that I could just go and throw in the washer but then if I did that then I am doing something., and that defeats the purpose of doing nothing.  But if I didn’t then I feel bad about not doing nothing so that creates stress.  At a hotel I’m just there not thinking about my disaster of a house and everything in it including the roommate and the cat LOL!! I caught up on those horrible Real Housewives show, I started reading my book for book club (that I didn’t finish just yet) and then I sat around naked.  And that was all I needed to get myself refreshed!  I need to put it on my books for a quarterly refresher.  But I have my BIG vacay going to see my BFF in Abu Dhabi, then a quick trip to the ATL to see my nephew graduate from college then another trip to Cleveland (yeah I know but it will be fun) for the my family reunion so I might not need a staycay until September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment