Monday, February 29, 2016

I HOPE that it gets to you


So today is going to be a blog day!  I am sitting here fighting the urge to lie on the floor and take a nap.  This day started off with so much hope!  I got here at 8:20 which is well before 9 which is what I seemed to do all last week.  I had energy! I was upbeat! I was ret to work!  Now I’m just ret to go home!! I just turned on some good house music.  Actually I tried to start my day off with house, but it was gospel house and that isn’t my favorite.  I need a good beat good vocals and I’m good.  SO that means not vocals that the producer is trying to work around because the singer sang in a key that is just… off.  I’m listening to Ian Friday now so I’m sure I won’t run into that issue.

I’m trying to blog more consistently random which make absolutely no sense LOL And see this is why I can’t really be a pop culture blogger because I don’t keep up very well with what is going on.  I’ve been wanting to write about Grease Live! for a while and I’m not sure why now is a good time.  Maybe because I just saw an ad to buy the dvd to buy it.  I tried really hard to watch but it just didn’t do it for me.  I stopped at the part when Sandy should have sung ‘Hopelessly Devoted’ but she didn’t and I tweeted for all my 5 ‘fans’ to know I was done watching.  There were mostly positive things that were said.  I was trolling for the bad reviews but folks were saying all nice stuff so I knew these were not my people.  Actually I’m going to twitter now; nope still good stuff.  I might have to give it a chance.  But I am a Grease purist!  I have the ALBUM folks!!! With all of the songs from the original movie!! I bought a record player a few years back because I have the Grease album (along with Al B. Sure (#dontjudgeme) Ten City (house music) and… some random Herb Alpert record I got back in the day from WAMO (all my Pittsburgh people know) with Janet Jackson’s ‘Making Love in the Rain’ and I was 14 so I ain’t know nothing about making no love (still probably don’t LOL)). I am that chick that almost hit a chick who said Grease 2 was better! I like musicals and musical movies so I should like it, but OK so we decided I will give it another shot and report back.  Hopefully it is still on on-demand.

I am excited… and I just can’t hide it!!

WHY is this woman leaning over my desk to talk to my cube mate in the next row?!?  Thank you LBJ I had my headphones on so I didn’t hafta hear that dumb conversation.

I have drunk all my water today which is about 64 ounces and I am usually running to the ladies room but I just haven’t felt like it today.  It is taking too much effort. YES, I have to go but that means I have to turn off my music and hope the podcast the music is on doesn’t decide to reset, cause it does that sometimes, close my screen so that the random passer-by can’t see that I’m writing in a non-work capacity, do some cat like stretching because inevitably my bones are going to creak an crack, thankfully I have a dress one so I don’t have to pull up anything over my midsection but I do have to pull down so that my booty is not all out and about cause who needs to see alla dat?!? Take off my shawl cause it is chilly in this office and I really am a little old lady; turn off my heater cause all this hot air up my dress is maybe not the right move since I’m already sleepy which means I then have to get on one knee…LAWD ok I’m going.

No comments:

Post a Comment