Thursday, November 14, 2013

b-day random and random shame...


This time of year I really go through a self-imposed depression.  In about 2 months is my birthday.  And normally I don’t want to think about it or really acknowledge it.  Honestly I don’t know why.  I am very thankful that I get to see one more year.  It is probably more seasonal that anything.  It’s getting darker earlier and the trees although beautiful it’s a fleeting beauty because the trees will be bare soon.  I haven’t really been able to pinpoint it.  But for some reason this year is different, which is definitely a good thing.   I am turning 40!  I am invigorated!!  Many of my friends have already joined the 40 and over club.  Some of the ones well over 40 have not been sympathetic to my angst for this upcoming birthday, and it took me a minute to get over it mainly because who cares what other people think!? The best advice/idea I got was from my soror aunt-in-law (yeah I just made that up) who said when she turned 40 she did something for herself for 40 days.  She went to a hotel for the weekend and just splurged and did various thing for 40 days.  When she told me that I though OH HELL YES!!  That’s what I’m gonna do!   SO I started a list of what I might want to do for 40 days which I am going to start January 1, 2014.  A few things are restaurants I haven’t been to in the Baltimore and DC area, places I haven’t yet explored (like the zoo and Aquarium… I KNOW right?!), and a few pampering events!  And then I have been thinking what am I going to give myself?  I have a friend who gave herself a big Louis Vuitton bag for her birthday.  I’m not really a purse kinda chick although her purse was nice; I can’t really wrap my head around paying that much for a handbag.  Although I am on the LV site and there are no prices so I guess if you gotta ask… I digress.  And I treat myself pretty well throughout the year so I don’t really know if there has to be 1 thing.  I am planning on doing a party but I’m still not sure where.  Another of my friends just had a reception/party at a restaurant inside of a hotel this past weekend.  It was really nice!  So that helped to reinforce that I do want to do something to signify this auspicious occasion (LOL).  In fact I might do several!  The only problem is the few places I’m thinking of I want there to be entertainment, like a dj or something.  It just feels like nothing in going on in January.  I mean I know winter will be in full swing and folks like to stay inside, but I really just want to add myself in, I don’t really want to think about having to plan something.

There are a few things I am feeling a lil ashamed about:

·         I bought a 10 pack of Twinkies!  I’m not sure if I was hungry that day at the Wal-Mart or if I was feeling nostalgic. Either way I ate all of them but 1.  I gave my mom one who inhaled it in 2 bites and then was like Yeah I don’t even like Twinkies!  That’s how the geriatrics do, they eat so fast because I think they think there food is gonna go away… well not food but snacks and junk

·         The shear amount of wine I have purchased could stock a medium sized restaurant bar.  I am in the wine of the month club and then I went on QVC (y’all know I got issues) and bought more wine mainly because there was not shipping and handling

·         And then there is QVC… **loud shameful sigh** I need to go on a spending diet just from that site alone.  It has gotten BEYOND ridiculous because I can justify everything I get.  Yes I DO need a supersize face cleanser in fact; you selling 2, then let me get them shits right now!!  Orange scarf!?!? HELL yes I need an orange scarf to go with my… uhhh  it matches nothing but that don’t matter!!  I need it.  Pray to all the Jesuses for me!!  (LBJ, teenage Jesus, AND adult Jesus!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment