Wednesday, April 18, 2012

stress and other random things...

I am a bit stressed out. Between job, family, and money concerns I am hangin in there but some days just barely. I mean it’s true, I try to stay positive but some days just wear me down with the amount of negativity that I have to endure on a daily basis. The Four Agreements - Be impeccable with your word; Don’t take anything personal; Don’t make assumptions; Always do your best - is something I have posted on my wall and I look at often. Because when I get reprimanded for something I didn’t do I have to remind myself to NOT take it personal. Or when it’s 4:30 and have a list a mile long list of things to do but I told a vendor that I would have it to them by 5, I have to do it because I said I would. But here lately my best is more like ‘meehh… I’ll get to it when I get to it’. My attitude SUCKS!!. I know it’s time to bounce when I start feeling like this. I am mad I didn’t play the mega millions because I was feeling pretty lucky and that idiot from Mickey D’s who said she hid the ticket at work, I’m sure all the people involved with that little shenanigan have thoroughly beat her ass, cause she needed it!! And family… well you can’t pick your family. We just have to make some decisions sooner than later and I just don’t feel ready. As for money that goes hand in hand with the job. I have not felt inspired for a while; just going through the motions of doing work because I gotta eat and I gotta live somewhere. Although the thought has crossed my mind to hitch hike across America or go sell fruit and juice on a beach like how Whitney wanted to do and probably SHOULD have done. Island of choice is Bahamas, Freeport area mainly because Bahamian men are sexy as hell and most don't even realize it. Think RICK FOX, cause you know he's from the Bahamas. And then there's Lenny Kravitz because at one point he had a house in the Bahamas. I know this because I read Essence AND he has a ring in a particularly happy place for women! LAWD I have digressed!!

Emergency rooms and real life doctors and nurses DO NOT look like the men and women on ER, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and every other doctor show on the teevee. They just look hella regular. During a recent visit to the local ER it was noticed that Dr. Hernandez (or was it Fernandez) had a little bit of cutie patootie going on. But Nurse John, not so much! And then there was Katrina who's dad just named her sister by a different mother who also had a brother by that same mother even though he was younger and the other sister by the mother Katrina has as the legal guardian. Yeah that one made my eyes cross like da hell are you talkinabout?!? Her great claim to fame was metallic fingernails, cause you know I asked, and as she put it ‘what else I'm gon spend my money on?’ Uhh a 401k? A house (oh cause I know ya ass is renting)? Better make-up (cause she had a little unevenness, but nothing a lil MAC or Mary Kay can’t fix)? So yes MANY things you can spend with your money other than metallic GREEN nails with the tiger metallic ring fingers. LAWD I didn't realize how tacky that was until I just wrote it own!! LMBAO. For some reason clogs always throw me off. Like I get that they are comfortable, but my nurse this morning, had on shiny black clogs. Why oh WHY do I notice these things? My midwife who I LOVE had on sensible tan clogs. Even though she looks more like the fraggle Mokie, she is sooo...nice is not the word, she puts me at ease for whatever I need to talk to her about. Doctors don't have that same bedside manner, just like my primary care doctor was trying to rule out me having water build up in my legs and she said is it water? or do you just have fat lil legs? (I should have been offended but she is so direct, the warm and fuzzies evade her). And I need to be at ease when being poked and prodded in my delicate lady parts area. I want a tee-shirt that says I *heart* my midwife. YES I am a cornball!

On the subject of what SHOULD offend me. Freakin Tosh.O on comedy central. This show is so ridiculous. In fact... I had to google something he had on last night which was gross and is unmentionable. BUT the funniest one which is why I started watching the show was this woman in Baltimore, of all places getting on stae to dance. She falls, loses a shoe but does NOT stop. It was hilarious!! It was called Dutty Wine gone wrong. It's taking forever to come up, but his video breakdown most definitely should have offended me. Know what else didn't offend me? Mary sangin about chicken!! And she got paid 2 million.. she aint offended either. OH I found it!! I know there were some other things but that about does it for now.

Onto my current obsessions. Well not really an OBSESSION, more like a fixation or something. So anyways Sid the science kid comes on right about the time I need to be getting my bootay out of the bed. But some mornings I just caint! So I flip between Sid and Andrew Womack (the televangelist whose voice sometimes gets on my nerves, but most times he is usually saying something I need to hear). And I have done extensive research. SOOOoooo here's what I know. Sid is a bi-racial kid who wants to know everything about everything. His mom is black (or as some random blog said African american-ish) and his dad is white. These are supposed to be nondescript cartoon characters but I KNOW!! His friends are Mai the only NAMED race kid on the show, and she's Chinese and wears transition lens glasses and a skirt. Gabriela is Latina I know this because her mom was on the show and she had a Hispanic accent and they had a last name like Lopez, or Fernandez (although that's not a tell tell sign... Zimmerman anyone?!?!) Jerrold is pink and has a voice like a 55 year old who smoked 10 packs a day. He is the rocking roller safe bet he's white. Teacher Susie... black. One day at work i was just fixated on this show. I'm not saying this is a bad thing each race and culture has their own thing and this show has the kids learning a lot and it's all fun and games. What I should be ashamed to say is that I know 2 of the songs the sing. When Sid get'sdropped off he sings 'I'm looking for my friends! I'm looking for YOU... and then each kid does a little dance. May has no rhythm, it's funny to see the cartoon dance bad! (you do know I am on pbs.org watching it LOL) and then when it's time to go in. Teacher Susie sings the rug time song... It's soo sad that I know this!!

I keep getting distracted. I started the blog at work and now I'm home still fully clothed and I keep going to random site and random people's pages. Truth is I am sleepy as hell. So i'ma post this. Eat my chicken. Eat my new favorite cheat food peanut butter cheerios OH incidentally I lost 2 pounds of the extra 15 i didn't realize I packed on... so you know that's good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment