Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NEW EDITION!!!

ok so VH1 soul is playing the 'soul story' of New Edition. I'm sippin on my jumbo wine and watching the videos. LORD those videos were bad and even worse were Ralph Tresvant's teeth THANK GOD he used some of his earnings to get some braces. OOOWWW but I loved them. Ronnie Devoe was MY MAN and it seriously hurt my feeling the 'Cool it Now' video he was with another girl!!! HOW DARE HE!?!?!? Didn't he feel my love all the way from Pittsburgh?? I remember my cousin trying to pacify my irrational feelings, but she was younger than me and I don't suspect her love ran as deep. I had the 'Right On' picture of them(and DeBarge... my loyalties were pretty equal at that time. Either with Ronnie Devoe or El DeBarge I was gonna have me some beige babies... at ten I was already planning my family LOL) Ronnie never did have eyebrows.

AND THE OUTFITS!!! Someone should be shot for letting them look like that LOL. And the bad choreography. SOMEONE always messed up a move and it is hilarious at 37 to watch this. These are the early videos. They got better.

Then Bobby Brown left... and i got that tape King of Stage. But NE was still rocking bad videos and choreo. But you couldn't tell me they were not THEE best group in the world.

Ok so between Earth Angel (this was the cover they did for Karate Kid Part II(why can I not say karate like KA rawty... I have to say KA RA TAY... that from the Seinfeld epsisode where Kramer was beating up the little kids)) they musta did a 360.. cause If It Isn't Love is HOOTNEESSS.. OK I'm mad at VH1 did they miss the video after if it isn't love??? These are the Johnny Gill years... Actually as I am searching my memory banks I remember seeing them several times with Johnny Gill and not Bobby Brown. But I also remember Bobby was on tour with like Al B Sure maybe?!?!? ok so I had to go to freakin you tube SORRY this was a concert video and I love a continuation.. btw I am NOT a happy vcamper that Ne-Yo just left us all hanging... but I digress which is MY prerogative!! LOL

So now they are showing the older videos with Bobby Brown AND Johnny Gill. Now I must say at that time. When Bobby Brown was tabloid king BEFORE the whole Whitney situation... he coulda had got it!!! I always thought he was kinda sexy. But these days he's just a lil too sloppy. And I aint talking weight. What is HELLA funny is the chick he is married to now used to live a few doors down from me at the good Virginia State University HIGH above the Appomattox!!! Also what's funny is Johnny Gill never could... I mean I know how it sounds to say who could and could not GET IT. That sounds soooo... whore-ish. But hey, I know everyone has a celebrity crush. It's not like it will ever happen. I mean IT COULD. But in reality not so much. My biggest and hardest crushes were when I was a 'tween' to about 13 or 14. NOW what's sad is I don't like nobody...

Oh well 'SOUL Story' is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment