Thursday, April 6, 2017

chasing goosebumps and other random spotify titles...

I am in straight hustle mode tight now.  I have told a few people this but it is clear since I am bartending, temping, selling jewelry and whatever else I need to do to pay the mortgage, THE CAR, and eat.  HA so I bought a car!!!  This was something that shocked the hell out of me but it kinda just happened. SO what had happened is... I had been seeing an ad about no money down for AutoNation and since I have NO money to be putting down that peeked my interest.  A while back well it seems forever ago, back when my mom was way more mobile and driving when she totaled that dumb little Aveo she had.  When she was in the market for a new car I really wanted her to get a Chevy Malibu which I always thought was cute.  She ended up getting a Corolla which you KNOW I love Corolla since I seemed to never want to get rid of mine.  But in the back of my head I always thought about the Malibu.  I probably need to say I am so not a car person.  Cars are for getting you to point A, B and maybe C and sometime D.  So the thought of paying exorbitant amounts for any one car never even crossed my mind.  Although I did find the paperwork for the Corolla and my payments were ridiculous only because I was trading in the Jetta from hell and I was totally upside down. So anyway I called the dealership asked if they were still doing the no money down and the guy said YES until the end of the month, but it was already 3/31 so I asked if he meant through the end of April.  SO now this is when I knew I was dealing with the okie doke but I still persisted.  He said well we have new promotions each month so I said OK FINE I'll maybe come in.  Then I called my credit union because I was trying to be a little prepared.  I actually got pre qualified which was great because that meant my credit wasn't as bad as I thought.  SO I do some running around and then I take a deep breath and go into the dealership.  IN ADDITION to me not being a car person, I also am NOT a dealership person.  There is just a whole lot of unnecessary testosterone.  And as I walk in there are 3 men siting behind the desk 2 standing  and no one really ready to help me.  I ask for Roger and he seems surprised that I came in. He then calls a sales consultant to help me.  I'm thinking BUT I already talked to you now you passing me off?  Tom comes out and looks like a deer caught in the headlights.  He offers me coffee or water, I say no because I really do not intend on being here that long so nope I'm good.  At 1 point he gets up and Jose come by with a forced smile and he offers coffee or water.  Nope I'm good.  Then Roger come by and says Tom is kinda new so are you alright?  Do you need some tea or coffee OR WATER.  NOPE I'm fine, he's doing fine.  We take our test drive come back and then I give my keys to the 03 Corolla (aka the hooptie) for them to do a trade-in estimate.  At one point I was like nah I'm good let me just come back tomorrow because I need to go look at my mother for a minute, but like my keys were GONE!  The front desk were holding my keys HOSTAGE!!! I sat there like well shit, I can't leave if I wanted to!  LOL  Long story short, after meeting Gus (another 'manager'), Jose, who was also a manager and the deal they gave me I really couldn't say no.  YES it was a full on press to get me a good deal and at one point they were like yeah you're not leaving here!!  Dimitri helped Tom with the paperwork.  Antwon (with the pretty eyes and big butt... I MEAN IT WAS LOL) passed me off to James the finance person.  SEE all these damn men.  There were only 2 women in the place.  One I think was a sales person, the other I think was in finance and the other... oh wait so that makes 3 was the receptionist.  And then Clyde (NO WAIT... I just got the customer survey that fools name is CLEOPHAS!!!!), the general manager came over to congratulate me on my new purchase. In all it took about 4 hours which
I think is pretty fast considering, but I was really ready to go when I left, and it took at least 1.5 hours to long.  I am the proud owner of a 6 speed Chevy Cruze!!  And I freaking love it!!!!  It's quiet, it drives well, and it's cute.  It's silver which I would have preferred another color but it was the only manual transmission on the lot.  I have to work all my 50 eleven jobs to make the payments, but I know it was worth it!!

Sometimes peoples normal scent is good and a turn on (if they are men) and sometimes, it is just a bit to much!  Like I wonder if they know that is the smell they have.

I am temping right now **LOUD SIGH** a pit stop for sure, but I still felt some kinda way when I had the BS interview with HR (and now he refuses to look me in the eye) and when I followed up, persistently I might add, I got absolutely no where.  This is the 1st time I was asked to apply for a job and just flat out didn't get it!!  I didn't even get the interview with any of the 'executives' which is really rather weird.  I know I am over qualified and I KNOW my salary range is more than they want to pay BUT I'M A FREAKING TEMP!!!  I need to make more money and no one seems to care BUT ME!!  It feels like the folks I was dealing with have either never been without a job or who don't really need to work.  It must be nice!  I will be in that position hopefully one day sooner than later, but right now DAMMIT I gotta work!

People really do enjoy being busy and/or important!  I don't need either.  And I enlist help whenever needed.  But for some (probably more than I actually know), they thrive on a false sense of importance.  I guess in my 20's I learned that if I dropped dead someone would pick up where I left off and keep things moving.  It's just hilarious to me to deal with people who think they are the onliest ones who can do _____________(fill in the blank).  And things are NOT rocket science.  The only thing that's rocket science IS ROCKET SCIENCE! After a conversation yesterday I had to ask ARE YOU SERIOUS!??  When the person said yes I had to be quiet and back off because she really did think the people she was working with AND me were idiots! I guess I have more faith in people and there ability to grasp basic concepts. Silly me maybe LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment