Thursday, May 5, 2016

amzement unceased...


There is this little Indian woman who has been here where I work since probably even before I was here the 1st go around.  And I see her do this with everyone but she’ll just start talking to you like mid conversation like she is either picking up from the last conversation she was having or that’s just where she wants to start.  I know she has kids (probably even grandkids) and she is so maternal and I just appreciate her.  She will fuss at you if that’s what you need or just talk.  I am in a hellified mood right now and emotional as hell so I am appreciating a lot today that on a normal day I may not.  I have come to a realization that this blog is really for me.  It’s nice if folks read it, but it is a release for me and today is one of dem days that I need to release.  It’s gloomy outside kinda doing a rain mist thing.  My heat has not been working so I am concerned about my poor ailing mother who is actually just fine with her little space heater.  I’m just pissed that the dude who put my new furnace in last year was in Trinidad and didn’t have a back-up and then his wife’s aunt passed so they stayed there and I’m just pissed.  I had unplugged my electric blanket because I didn’t need it, but I plugged it back in so me and Paisley have been taking advantage of it!  I just hate living my life where something is always freaking going on.  It has been something for the past few weeks ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!! And it is frustrating when it keeps happening while I’m PMS’ing.  And it seems to be hitting so hard here lately.  I mean I am so close to going into full meltdown on more occasions than I care to share.  My co-worker caught a tantrum I was having and she was like ARE YOU OK!!?!?  I wasn’t but I got it together quickly.  And today as I sit here sipping on this not horrible but also not great Starbucks trying to get my eyes to fully open so I don’t look like I just hit the bong before I stepped into this place.  I don’t do that but my eyes right now couldn’t convince anyone otherwise. I’m listening to my NeoSoul café and it might be a little more mellow than I need but mellow is good.  OH and then I added Periscope.  I am trying to keep up with the new tech but I really am ok with the Facebook, Instagram and twitter on occasion.  I added snapchat and am SOO clueless about that.  So periscope had a bunch of notifications that I was no trying to see.  So I’ll just check every so often to see if someone is talking that I want to listen to. So here is the thing with the social media and just society today, everyone thinks everyone else wants to hear their opinion on everything!  I know that was a pretty broad statement.  But so like there are pastors, motivational speakers, people who have done things worthwhile (and maybe not so much) and they all got shit to say! And people actually listen!!!  This is a phenomenon that is so fascinating.  It is mind blowing.  SO you open your app and decide you got stuff to say AND PEOPLE login and listen.  I can’t really wrap my head around it…
 
I’m getting my nails done today.  I think I might get tips or at least an overlay.  My nails have been breaking like crazy.  I got my hair did on Tuesday OH and the woman who did it worked in Pittsburgh under a guy I grow up in church with.  This world is so small!!  I’m tryna look cute for my nephew’s graduation this weekend in Atlanta!!
 
Walmart never EVER ceases to amaze.  I needed to get some cash for the above mentioned nails. The shop is close to the Walmart and my banks are in the opposite direction.  I call the customer serve and ask ‘What Bank is it for the ATM in the store’ The woman says ‘Well we don’t have a bank we have an ATM’ I said ‘RIGHT IS it Bank of America? M&T? PNC?’ She was like oh I don’t know… she then proceeds to transfer me to a nonexistent customer service person.   I hang up after a few seconds.  I decided to go to the store buy something and not pay whatever the service fee is for the ATM.  I hop in line after a lady who has on a few things and I grab a milky way and chili Doritos (don’t judge my PMS food choices LOL).  A man (black guy) in a little funky khaki cowboy hat gets behind me.  A random (African lady with an accent) lady hops behind me and puts her stuff on the belt and says ‘My children are on the school bus, please sir PLEASE’ I thought she was with the man.  Then she says again ‘Please SIR PLEASE’.  She starts to plead with the cashier and we are looking at each other like WTF is going on here. She is saying I need to go next. The cashier says well you need to ask the man. HE says ‘But you didn’t even ask me you just put your stuff on the belt’ MEANWHILE I am having issues with the card reader.  They are random af… sometimes you have to put the chip in other times you don’t. The lady in the line 2 lanes down says… ‘you can come over here and get in front of me’ the lady in line is grateful, grabs her shit and goes to the other line.  Now I look at the dude and say I thought she was with you.  He says to me I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH YOU!!! And I would have let her go but she didn’t even ask!! He says, just cause I have on this cowboy hat don’t mean I’m nice.  I just need some cash I don’t really NEED the Milky Way and Doritos but I say OUT LOUD… WALMART NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!!  He laughs and says yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment