Monday, September 9, 2013

Blog day 9-9-13


As suspected today will be a BLOG day!!  It has been a good minute since I haven’t written shit down and shared it in a long format.  I’ve only done a few random status updates and they have truly been random.

Let’s start with today shall we?!? So my alarm goes off at 6:15 but I did not drag myself out of bed to hop in the shower until 7:30.  I usually at very least make coffee and then scrounge to find some food.  But this morning I didn’t even have energy to do that so I think well I can hit the McDonald’s and hop on 695.  I get my usual (which really shouldn’t be usual but hey IT IS!) #2 sausage egg and cheese and a large black coffee.  NO BLACK… no sugar no cream… yes lady I’m sure!  Get to the window pay the 1st little girl says Have a delightful day!  I say You TOO!! Next window… and see THIS is where all the franckenackle BS happens.  Usually there is an older Hispanic lady with the gold side tooth who is so happy just to be working.  She is so pleasant and so nice so I know there is an issue when the younger Hispanic girl with way heavier eye make-up comes to the window.  She is distracted by the next order or whatever folds up my bag hands it to me.  NOW I KNOW BETTER!!!  I have had issues with this Mickey Dee’s which is the ‘new’ one on Security with the 2 lanes and I always always ALWAYS check before I leave the window.  Of course I didn’t this time so I drive away get almost to the light and it’s a freaking chicken biscuit.  I almost had an instant melt down.  THIS IS NOT WHAT I FUCKING ORDERED!!!! Swung around in the gas station and doubled back to go inside.  I’m always pissed when I have to go inside because the reason I went through the drive though is cause I didn’t want to get out of the car.  I nearly knocked the lady down waiting for her food because I AM NOT waiting in no more lines and you WILL wait on me not now BUT RIGHT NOW!! So the first little boy looks at my receipt and said oh so you didn’t get what you ordered and that’s what you wanted right? It took a lot for me to not reach out and yank his so fresh and so clean braids cause they were long and in danger.  The manager then grabs the receipt and makes sure that the correct order is in the bag along with an apple pie.  Now that was a nice gesture but how about just get the order right the first time?!?

Saturday after a long day of just shopping and stuff, on the same strip of road near the McDonald’s above, I am driving, see a low flying pigeon and I hit it O_O  I was traumatized because I would have expected blood but there was just some clear ooze that was on my windshield.  What was really crazy is I didn’t see the bird on the road nor was there a crack in my windshield which is a GREAT thing cause there are no extra funds for the hooptie.  So that was just weird

On the same Saturday prior to the bird incident I decided to go out to White Marsh Ikea and get my mom 2 dressers.  I have been shopping around online, but dressers are expensive so it was my bright idea to go there and get them which I did for under $250.  So I’m shopping around the store wrote down the numbers for the aisle, get a few things for the bathroom, and then get to the aisle and it occurs to me literally right there OH SHIT, I HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER!!  I just don’t know why this did not occur to me until right then.  I went online the day before and decided that I would have them deliver it for $59 and then everything would be great.  So then as this epiphany comes to me it doesn’t make sense to have them deliver boxes and then I still have to put it together.  Of course my trunk is full of crap but the little guy says he can get it in my back seat and he does!!  It’s inexpensive because you have to put it together D’OH!! **slapping my head** and then sliding the little boy some money for helping my crazy self!

I’ve been trying to refrain from doing a whole lot of work talk.  Every so often there is a report about how employers check your online presence to see what you are up to.  At 39 2/3 (read two thirds... yes I am that anal)  I’m thinking this is more for younger people.  Does the HR dept really have time to see what I’m up to and then NOT hire me because I said something crazy on Facebook or twitter?!  Maybe they do?! So yeah maybe saying my manager is crazy is NOT a good idea (I mean she totally is not… other place YES! but her nah, I’m good) OR saying I haven’t done a damn thing today is just not a good look.  What I will say is that I am moving and even though I am thanking LBJ constantly for this 3 month gig turning into a 1 ½ plus stint because He knows I could not take not a month where I was, so moving is really the least of my worries.  I just don’t deal with change as well as I could.  It takes me a few days for things to sink in and be ok with it.  So I kinda am okay with it. 

I have on the worst earphones today.  There is no bass I might have to go to the Wal-Mart and get some different ones.

I am not good at reporting on pop culture things mainly because I just don’t care.  I still do not know any song that One Direction sings because every time a YouTube randomly comes up, 2 seconds into it I turn it off.  I do know a few Bieber songs not really on purpose, but I do.  And then the whole VMA twerk debacle, we get it Miley you don’t want to be associated with being Hannah Montana, but I really think Billy Ray and Tish (I just googled that) just did not give her enough hugs.  Things like that make it seem like it’s ok to just seek attention that way and it just isn’t.  I still don’t get what the hype is with Drake, he just doesn’t do it for me.  I mean in general I don’t like hip hop today because they are just not saying anything except for booty and bling.   And then Kendrick Lamar (whoever da hell he is) did this verse on a Big Sean song (he is dating Santana from Glee) and everyone was all up in arms.  He named names and basically said F*** YOU to his ‘friends’ in the game.  I listened to the song and I was like OH ok… So now I am watching the Justin Timberlake segment on the VMA’s a show I couldn’t even remember was on.  And I watched the Lady Gaga segment also.  They both did a great job.  It was a pseudo N’Sync reunion.  Joey Fatone was my dude from that group!

Someone posted an article about billionaires choosing Black women as spouses.  And I was like OOOOHHH so that’s the demographic I need to go after!!

No comments:

Post a Comment