Thursday, February 14, 2013

adventures in singledom...

I really had been debating whether or not I was going to share my whole speed dating adventure but then I thought, why not! Everything I do seems to be an adventure LOL This is after all Random Chick and what would a blog be without a little random dating entry. Ok so last Monday… oh wait, I have to back up even further. I have a friend who is signed up in a lot of meet-up groups. This is basically a free website that you go on and join these various groups like, the Meet-up group for Anne Arundel County Badminton club, or ones for single fathers over 40 in Laurel (I’m making these up but sometimes they can be that specific) So anyway I went to the site a while back to sign up and it can be very overwhelming with all the groups so all I did was sign up and I get the newsletter weekly. So last Monday I see an ad for the DMV Black Single Speed Dating. And I was like OH HELL yes!! That sounds like something I would want to do. Now I never had any very high hopes if nothing else it was something to do. I see the pics of some of the guys that are going to be there and I was like… uuhhhh BUT to anyone’s defense, some people just aren’t photogenic so I pressed on. I get there and of course there are a bunch of women and a few short young looking guys. I’m not knocking the short men, but I was like OK whatever this is just something to do. After a little while more people came in and there was this one guy in one of those (ridiculous) Ed Hardy shirts with the angel wings on which was kinda fitted and I certainly appreciated that he had been to the gym! So I sign in and no one checks to see if I paid or I just came in off the street. They tell me to sit at an empty table and then all the people after me they tell to sit at a table with the opposite sex. So I’m like well I would have sat with a guy if you told me to. So there are 2 other women at tables near me and we start chatting about the availability of men at this thing and in general, about where the hell do you go to meet men, and about how disorganized this even was. Which it really was, but once I shared my thought process of this just being something to do they laughed and were in agreement. SO once everyone signed in they told all the women to get up and move to the ‘holding area’. We all were like HUH?!?!? So basically they overbooked the women and there were not enough men O_o They counted 24 women to sit at the table with the 24 men that were there. The first guy Michael (no need to change names to protect the innocent) that I sat with was nice enough but he lived in Northern VA so unless there was a definite connection, I know I WASN’T going all the way there for him and I could only assume he wouldn’t be coming all the way to Baltimore. The next ‘round ‘ we sat and waited. So round 3 I get to sit with another guy. Everything I do is random so I really wasn’t scoping out the room I just sat at an available table, his name was Jason. Now this guy too, nice enough 26 *_* live in VA. So I sat there and thought ‘what 20 year old do I know for him?’ cause he was kinda cute, but just young. Some more people came in… a few more men. Third guy, Brandon, I sat with did not even want to be there he just came with his boys and then they were going out to a club after that. He was a chef and I told he needed to lead with that. He said he was gonna be done after me because he was sure the other women weren’t going to be as nice as me. Is this lil dude flirting with me?!?! Still young but cute. Fourth guy was a complete weirdo, D’Andre. I should have known something was off because his ’HELLO MY NAME IS’ was in gold sharpie, not black like everyone else. So he looked at me like a psycho killer. My dude did not blink or look away the entire time which was kinda unnerving. I was doing fine with the small talk up to that point but I could not think of a thing to say to him and he was not good at coming up with anything either. So when they said TIME I hopped up like OK thanks!! Whew that was a long 4 minutes. Next dude, George, which honestly I think he made up just that second because he didn’t even have a name tag. So we started talking about something and he said well if you told me you were 25 I would believe you and then if you told me later your real age, you know after we were kicking it I wouldn’t mind. So I’m sitting there looking at his big ass cubic zirconia thinking why does this fool have 2 BIG ASS earrings in his each ear and then I said Dude why would I lie about my age or anything? It’s not that deep!! And he was like oh well you know cause people do! I was glad when that 4 minutes was up. Last dude Kevin. Completely not my type, well none of them were, but he was the most interesting. He had on this necklace that he made, so we talked about jewelry making, he was an army brat and was well traveled. We both at different points went on a Mediterranean cruise and he wanted to go back to Italy and Greece and I was like ME TOO!! And then we listed the places in each country we wanted to go. So the bad part about this was it didn’t occur to me til after I was in the car almost home that I should have given him my number. He was at least the most interesting and someone I could have hung out with, the rest were pretty much cornballs. Now the good thing about speed dating is that you get to see the person in the flesh, no one is hiding behind a picture (that might not even be them) and a profile (which might be fake). The bad thing is if it is not organized properly the ratios will be off. I had already made up in my mind that this was just something to do, so I wasn’t out for a major love connection. Some of the women there were real (and I hate this term) thirsty!! One ‘crew’ were basically knocking other sistas down to get to this one guy who was in the corner. He was aiight, but not worth knocking someone down. OH and the age range was 24-39 but I really expected more older guys than there were. And there were a few women there who I knew were WELL over 39. I felt like I was hitting the cap already. And really what can a 25 year old do for you other than the obvious which might be mind blowing but then what (LOL)??

General Random
Even though I’m speaking loudly, it’s to myself NOT you, so move along!!

Adult orthodontia is a wonderful thing!

Really dude (or dudette) get off the phone and make the turn. You taking 20 minutes to make this turn is making my pressure rise!

It’s just a day! You may have someone you may not but really it’s just a day… slightly made up and exasperated by Hallmark.

I want to go out on St Patrick’s day for green beer O_o

I honestly don’t know how vegetarians do it. I am freaking STARVING after I eat veggies only. I ate some carrots this morning (not for breakfast but just as a lil snack) and 2 minutes after I was scrounging around for something else. Now carrots with hummus that can hold a chick for a little longer

I had some very specific rants about some friends and I thought hmmm…. If I write that they will know I’m talking about them and the goal is now to be putting no one on blast so we’ll just save that in the Random memory bank for another day

I recently bought popcorn kernels and have been making it on the stovetop. Now I don’t know if it’s nostalgia or if I really just made the best popcorn ever. I’m leaning toward best popcorn ever!! With just a little butter and old bay O M G!!!

One of the big whig dudes who clomps around here like everyplace he has to be is THE MOST urgent thing on the world he looks at me kinda strange like… who is this chick and why is she smiling at me?!? I smile at everyone dude (well except that bitch in the inside office LOL) and I might even say hello cause that’s just the kinda chick I am!!

Inside office gal is a bitch for so many reasons! I can’t even think of a better funner word to call her like tweedle or CR (crazy redneck) or just anything… cause I’m an orphan her at the crazy place I work meaning I have no real home or team, I just wander the halls hoping someone will throw me work (no not really)! One day I said something to her and she smirked at me ACTUALLY SMIRKED!! I kinda let that pass because everyone has their bad days, right? But then just recently she and the admin (who I now refer to as Linda Belcher… It’s a Bob’s Burgers thing) were trying to find space to put all the crap Linda has been collecting over the years, I walked by and weighed in ____________they both acted like I wasn’t there and didn’t say a thing. Linda (not her real name I am protecting the innocent) really probably didn't hear me. But IOB (eewwww that’s good inside office bitch!!!) most certainly did and smirked at me again

If you are funky don’t come to hot yoga cause it is just bad and I’m pretty sure it’s bad karma too. NAMSTE!!

What the hell happened to spell check on blogger.com?!?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Friday morning smile, got to get you on radio, tv, cable, something because you are funny as heck...

    ReplyDelete