Monday, November 21, 2011

pre-turkey randomness

I know my family is dysfunctional. In fact, I would be hard pressed to find a family that was ‘normal’ whatever the hell that means. But our level of dysfunction is minor when I hear some people talk about theirs. What has me chuckling now is my manager has a time limit for her family to be at her house for Thanksgiving!! WHO DOES THAT!?!? You cook; have people over and just lounge… well at least that’s what I’ve always done. Her family has from 1-4 to get whatever they need to get in. Eat, chat, dessert and then go the hell home!! It’s just funny to me. I wonder how the fam would react if I said y’all have to be out by 4!! Well actually it’s just my aunt and uncle and by 4 they may have had enough of us!!

I am so desperately trying to be productive this afternoon, but that same manager in the aforementioned paragraph had a coupon for a local restaurant and I had a Caribbean jerk crab cake AND mashed potatoes so I am sooooo done right about now!! I need to do a few more things but my left eye is already doing sleepytime. I need to be like George (from Seinfeld) and take a nap under my desk. I may just bring in a blanket one day. I think I would do well in Spain where they do a siesta. Go to work, go to lunch nap and then go back to work for a few more hours. That is what my body needs to do. Hmmmm wonder if Career Builder has an office in Spain?
Church should not give me as much material as it does! I just kinda wonder what do people be thinking when they put on their clothes when they come to church. This one guy I swear if he wears one more velveteen jacket I’m gonna scream. NO MAN should have that many velvety clothes and rock them as regularly as he does to church! Then there is this other older dude who wears about 50 gold bracelets. He is BEYOND the Mr. T Starter kit. I know we are all thankful for what God has done in our lives and express it in our own way BUT this is overkill. It’s almost like he has been buying a bracelet a month since he was 25. And don’t even get me started on the shiny suits. If it has a sheen, leave it on the rack. If it is not a basic color (black, blue, grey, dark brown), leave it on the rack. Mustard, maroon and especially paisley printed purple are NOT Basic!! As for my ladies… ***LOUD SIGH*** when in doubt, spanx it out!! My church has a 'reserved' spot for pretty much everyone at the church but me. If you are the head of whatever ministry you got a spot AT ALL TIMES! I am not really used to this. My church at home (Pittsburgh) had 2 reserved spots. The Pastor and the Director of Music. I think as the years went on the First Lady had a spot also. So here of the 50 spots in the lot directly next to the building 45 are RESERVED... I am only slightly exaggerating. So the spot I got this Sunday was next to the 'Reserved for Senior Member'. In theory this is a GREAT idea. If you are older but not necessarily disabled there is a spot for you. I knew I shoulda took a pic, but what took me aback because I have seen these signs before but not up close. I see a sign I just keep driving. But the spot ( maybe about 5 of them) are for senior members OVER 80. Ummmmm.. I'm not knocking older drivers but 80!?!? 8-0!!! I am very afraid of all the senior drivers OVER 80 driving to church i just am!!!

My new mantra is pantyhose are for SUCKAS!!! I don't know why it just is!

No comments:

Post a Comment