Friday, February 25, 2011

my life...

As a movie, a sitcom OR… wait for it a BOOK?!?!? For some reason a movie just seems to short. I sat through that whole Eat Pray Love fiasco with Julia Roberts, and as much as I like her and as much as I like the book, the movie was just BAD! I don’t think my life such that it is can be wrapped up into just an 1 ½ hours or 2 hours WITH the sex scenes LOL I mean you know not that there would be any sex scenes cause I guess I want my mother to read it… but hey she had to have sex to have me and here I go digressing… NO MOVIE

A sitcom would be good but I don’t want to be relegated to TBS with Tyler Perry or whatever station the Ice Cube show is on cause I NEVER know when it’s on. I would want it to be on one of the networks; hell I’d settle for Fox which isn’t that the station all the black shows used to be on?!!? No wait I’m thinking the now defunct UPN which combined with the now defunct WB to form the CW which isn’t that the station with all the vampire shows?? Let me google right quick… OK my computer is acting a lil funky with the streaming but they got Hellcats which I think is about cheerleading and college and then 90210 with the lil cutie from the Wire and that would be about it for the Black experience. This would be on the CW. And as much as I am racking my brain right now MOST of the shows I watch on the regular (ie DVR) have maybe 2 black folks on it. Even Shonda Rhimes (who by the way thanks to Wikipedia I now know we share the same birthday… she is a lil older than me but hey Capricorns are a creative type) creator extraordinaire of Grey’s Anatomy the main characters are not the black folks… they are the supporting people. And this is not really about black vs white, but then it kinda is. I miss Martin, and Different World, and Living Single where **gasp** the WHOLE cast was black. Even on Glee the lil guy they had dancing in the background is no longer there. I just got Mercedes who I really do think has a better voice than Rachel; but then Rachel has the ‘Broadway’ voice so that’s why I guess she keeps getting the praise she does. I mean was I the only one who thought her rendition of America the Beautiful was bad at the Superbowl?!! I mean unlike Christina AGulerra (LOL) she did at least get the words right.

I just got hella sidetracked on the article on Shonda Rhimes. She says she doesn’t write race… I however want a BLACK show for me about me dot dot dot… LOL

As for a book, well I always think I am going to start my great American novel any day now. And to be fair my little blog that could is a slight glimpse into what my book would be like… Comedy, drama… and a lil sex!!! I seem to be preoccupied with sex today SURELY not because I got some... but I am hopeful, wishful, prayerful (yes LBJ know I’m not a virgin) that it will enter my life again, and soon!! OH and on that note, I bartended last night for a wedding rehearsal and the only black friend they had was a cutie on duty; but he was ALSO the minister!!! All he drank was sprite!! He had all his wits about him so I couldn’t muscle my way to his room, wherever that may have been. OH and he was 25 which although I have no problem with the young ones, the fact that my oldest nephew is 22 just makes 25 seem soooooo freaking young. The wedding party kept talking about the semester they did this or that, and finally I was like DID you guys just graduate from college? And yep they did from Ole Miss which you would think would have an abundance of black folks at the school, but somehow the only managed to make 1 black friend LMBAO whew…

I have so much work experience that the sheer hilarity from each place I’ve been could sustain my show and my book. I almost feel like Scott Adams… who I just googled and got side tracked. Hey it really doesn’t take much!! But the basic premise of Dilbert is that Scott used to work as a technical something or other in a cubicle and that was the life he knew so he wrote about it… err comic stripped about it. For me it could start when I interned at that country radio station in Richmond and all the sales people who just happened to all be women would drop the F bomb like they were saying hello and I would sit there in the meetings thinking ‘They do know I’m in the room right???’ And then when the country stars would pass through they would have food and not want to share with the marketing people which was kinda what I was but since I was the lowly intern and they liked me, I always got first pickings. Maybe they thought I was a poor college student which I WAS!! Trying to get to Richmond in that little ass orange chevette that I loved!! Gas was about $1.25 back then : / ok now YOU know I just goggled that shit and it said the average was $1.07 ONE DOLLAR AND SEVEN FREAKING CENTS!!! My how times have changed.

So what I think I’m gonna do I start on my book, to be later developed into a sitcom which both of which will be semi autobiographical. I’m gonna take the good, take the bad, take them both and then I’ll have The facts (or some quasi-pseudo form) of MY life.

No comments:

Post a Comment