Wednesday, December 22, 2010

no mas!!

I am sitting here trying to get myself into the Christmas spirit so I turned my Pandora to the 'Holiday' station. I have no good idea who Olivia Olson is, but she just did the Mariah Carey song 'All I want for Christmas is you'. And then last night as I was driving home, I think it was Chris Brown's version of 'This Christmas'. Now we ALL know Donny Hathaway is the ONLY and by only I mean ONLIEST one who can do that song. Both of his versions were sufficient and then some. I only even ½ way like Luther's version and Luther can redo (or rather could) anyone's song and make it his own. Why do these artists think they can touch the originals. It's almost like HOW FREAKING DARE YOU!?! Write an original song and make that your own! OR like my nephew's music teacher does, she come up with these songs aint NOBODY ever heard before, but they musta not just caught on back in the day when they came out.

The next song on my jolly quest to insert some commercialized Christmas into my life is 'Last Christmas' done originally by Wham or was it just George Michael… now Jimmy Eat World is doing some farfanagled version… UMM I am getting slightly irritated which is defeating the purpose of trying to get in a good mood. I mean you know not that I am in a particularly bad mood, I'm really not. But hey It's Christmas not X-mas which gets more on my nerves than anything. We must not forget Christ in Christmas…

I am digging Michael Buble's version of 'Let it Snow'

Okay I had to turn off the Pandora… it was getting to be too much of what I didn't want to hear


 

No comments:

Post a Comment