Friday, October 22, 2010

political nonsense...

is it me?? or do you hate turning on the boob tube (haaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa I said boob!!) and seeing all the mud slinging campaign ad? It's like WELL who the hell do I vote for if EVERYONE has something bad to say about someone else?? We all know that the person we thought would do what we wanted may have voted a different way. But as an average chick who does not make it her priority to know every little thing my elected officials are doing what Am I to do??

Senator Barb
I will say this Barbara Mikulski!! I love her ads; waddle and all!! (that would be all her neck fat... made famous (or more noticeable) by the dude from Ally McBeal) She is like the grandmother you never wanted... but you still can't help but love her!! It's almost like Barb said Martin O'Malley is ok SO.. that's who I'ma vote for! I am trolling youtube for the ad with the yutz in the background. Sober OR a lil tipsy it is HILARIOUS!! She is BALWMOR at it's finest! I can't find it. : / Well... let me describe it.. she is walking thru a school and random (yet very diverse) kids are in the background. At the end she says something like 'will we work for you' and the kids pump one first in the air and say "YEAH". I FOUND IT!!! it is on her home page. You might gotta watch it a few times to see what I mean about the fist pump. Maybe it's just funnier on a TV screen.

Question A
I don't live in Anne Arundel county so I don't think I can vote for the whole slots thing, but I would SOOO vote for Question A!!! DO a little shopping, play a few slots!! Sounds win-win to me!! Plus it will add jobs to MD and people will be less inclined to go to West Virginia (maybe... maybe not) to spend their mullah.

Kratovil and Harris
I know Kratovil is A Democrat and Harris is a Republican( or maybe the other way around) but they have done a GREAT job of not making me want to vote for either. Both of them portray the other as lying, conniving, backstabber. But again I'm not even sure I can vote for either one. And to be honest I might just leave it blank on election day (or the week prior since we can now vote early; but for some reason I don't feel like my vote really REALLY counts unless it is on election day)



I am a good citizen. My mother was a social studies teacher who still get excited about 'map skills'. My people (both Black people AND women people) have fought so that I could have a voice. but I'm just not sure I want one! It's almost like hey we got Obama in the White house WHAT ELSE do we need to do!?!? I know it's very passive and I will cast my vote but can you people PLEASE just stop slinging all the freaking mud?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment