Wednesday, July 29, 2015

making your way in the world today takes everything you got...


I love when I go places and the people remember me.  I mean not like Norm, but you know they recognize me.  I went to Double T last Sunday and I usually sit at the counter because it’s just faster and I’m usually by myself.  The woman who is WELL over retirement age has the counter and she holds it down!  It may seem like she doesn’t know what’s up but she does.  So I get my waffle and turkey sausage which I am not totally convinced was turkey, but I ate it anyway, but I didn’t get sick like I have been getting when I eat pork so maybe it was.  When I finished I said whew that hit the spot, she comes from the kitchen and says ‘Did that hit the spot?  You get those all the time, right?  Yeah you do!!’  I was like is this woman reading my mind?!?!? She is such a sweetheart I always wonder why she is still waitressing, but then again sometimes it’s good to just keep moving.  And then there are the times I go places many many times and the people always act like it’s the first time they have ever seen me in their life LOL

I went to Puerto Rico last week with my BFF and we had a GREAT... I mean EXCELLENT time!!! We both did a whole lot of nothing!  One of the goals was to do zip lining and hike of the rain forest but the furthest we got from the resort was an Old San Juan tour which was really nice to see some of the town and history.  Mostly though it was laying in the cabana by the adult only pool and slurping down mojitos when one of us would be inclined to go get drinks!! Sometimes what you need is to do nothing, think about nothing, and focus on nothing!  I didn’t even get past the 1st chapter on the book I downloaded.  I only downloaded 2.  I brought 2 magazines and didn’t even crack those open either.  It was great!

I attended a 7 week (week ok so I missed 2 sessions) Alzheimer seminar for caretakers. My mom has MS which led to her moderate, but now probably a little more than that, dementia. Alzheimer is under the umbrella of dementia so everything that they talked about really did apply.  One of the facilitators kept saying it's ok to just let the medical people do what they need to do and for you to just be the daughter.  And as hard as I try to make sure everything is in it's right place and following up on just everything which is so damn exhausting I decided tonight that I would just be the daughter.  So she drank grape pop (yes I said pop) and ate peanuts (well to be fair most of them landed on her chest) and she slept which she ALWAYS enjoys doing!!  

I had another epiphany earlier this week.  When things don't work out with whatever relationship I try to have I always put the blame on myself like what did I do wrong. But the bottom line is I did NOTHING wrong and i will find someone much better!  Then I started smiling and enjoying the rest of my day.  (so what I really said was FUCK him!!! and that made me feel better too LOL).  I haven't stopped not for one second... wait I'm lying there was that 1 Saturday that I waited all day for a call that didn't come... but aside from that I do what I want to do! I go out to eat, I go to movies.  If someone I want to see is in concert I go.  I have never been one to be up under a man I mean you know what I mean LOL I put myself on a ridiculous timeline and so I'm taking myself off.  Things will happen when they happen with the right man at the right time. 

Every single ant in downtown Woodlawn found it's way to my sink for the little ass piece of watermelon I left completely by accident in there. I have been wiping down and spraying Home Defense since MAY but they still be finding the spot I didn't spray and march their lil asses in my house!!                                                                                            

and lastly... cooking is an expression of love.  My grandmothers who were severely old school when I was growing up made sure you had something to eat and on a good day mighta had a pepsi or red koolaid in the frig.  I miss them so much and I am so blessed to have had them both (and my grandfathers too).  I was going somewhere with that but nope I'll leave it at that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment