Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOW DAY!!

well kinda sorta not really.. but why does it feel like when it snows and people don't come to work (or "work from home") it feel like a snow day in the office. Like you don't really feel like doing much of anything even though the load of ALL that you have to do has not lessened... but it's a snow day, right?!? I have been off task since I heard folks weren't coming in. And even in this nice serene setting where I could actually get some stuff done I am lolly gagging...

What I am doing is catching up on some new music. Fusicology is this site that has alot of information of things going on in many areas specifically DMV... mostly DC. For some reason I have been turning the radio on more and more in the car and I sit there and wonder why the heck I did it cause nothing is ever on. And that Trey Songz song... something about some good good love... it is so dumb. the video that I can never seem to sit all the way through is even dumber. Don't get me wrong Trey could get it with his cute little self... but I digress. The music is just so bad on the radio and I feel like I have to get back to my R&B-neo soul-house roots. There is just some really good music out there from people who just don't get the regular rotation on regular radio. So I have to go online. I am still a faithful listener to Handzonradio.fm where all 'my' house DJ's play. But then I also listen to Cyber Jamz and have no good idea what happened to Neo Soul Cafe. That site got me in lots of trouble with the purchas of a lot of good stuff like Sy Smith... Chokolate... DJ Spinna... HEAVy... just so much stuff!! So there is good music out there from people who can sing and write song with substance (not just about the dumb shit Jamie Foxx keeps writing about... I am so disappointed in him... I guess I expected to much from him). I went to see Ledisi this past Sunday. She has always been a great performer. It was hilarious to me that she got a nod from the Grammy's as a new artist even though she already had several independent albums or I guess cd's under her belt.

ok.. i guess I better go do some work now : /

No comments:

Post a Comment